Thinking about buying Biologic for Sleep

Moderator: TexasSleepguy

questions

Postby sleeptechnmi » Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:59 pm

Stars, Have you had any luck with tech support? We interface with out any problems and have used Respironics and ResMed cpap and bi-level units seemlesly. I cannot address the issue re: the impedence meter as our works well all of the time. Also, re: the study looking differently the next day, I have heard this before from a freind in Ohio but it was because the night tech and scoring tech had different parameters set when they went to view it. If you have the system to be set to sampled it could look entirely different. As you know, there are many things you can change from user to user. You can view it exactly as it was collected or with a pre-determined set of amp settings geared towards what you like to see. That would be my only critisism of the system; that it is almost to flexible. Hope this helps and good luck.
sleeptechnmi

biologic

Postby stars » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:25 am

Sleeptechmi Thank you . I am runnung study and scoring same time on the fly or next day and signal look very different i try use same set up for
recording and scoring ,as fine work for me when i usegrass or Compumedics but with Biologic really another story. I try receive very good flow signal for Cpap /we use three different item,/ and i never got good signal. Tidal volume look better as flow signal .Just with Compumedics or Grass even Alice3-4, no problem for adjustment or calibration CFLOW signal. Biologic very hard ,may thids just my system problem.I dont know.
Thank you. I am note satisfaction for help by line from Biologic.
Stars
stars

Postby angelique0706 » Mon May 05, 2003 12:07 am

Thanks for the compliment RPSGT88!

Not a popular time to have a french name :D
angelique0706

texas sleep guy issues

Postby sleeptechnmi » Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:11 pm

I just wanted to clarify something you said in one of your e-mails. You mentioned that, "Now our system runs great and after talks with our distibutor everything is smooth..." Do you use a third party, perhaps a sleep company in any way. THe only reason I ask is that when I worked for a similar group out of Dallas, they were extremely slow to react ot our tech support issues not necessarily the individual vendors. We would call them to report an issue and they would simply drop the ball in getting us the answers we needed. Anyway, just curious.......
G
sleeptechnmi

Postby 2sleepy » Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:19 pm

I've been a Biologic user for more than 10 years and overall, I'm very happy with the company and the equipment. There have been software issues, but we're using a version that gives us no problems in collection or analysis. We currently have the Netlink with digital video and it has worked perfectly since day one. The digital video is a huge plus. Technical support is superb. We archive on 9.4 GB DVD Ram discs. We have a 40 GB hard drive and the typical file size on an 7-8 hour study is ~ 2 GB. I do occasionally have problems editing the digital video, but technical support has been working with us on that. The computers are networked to a hospital server, so that the doctor and I can read completed studies from home.

Summary: my complaints and problems have always received prompt attention, the hardware they use has been reliable, the software has given us fits over the years but they've worked to solve the problems, no problems with equipment interfaces, good customer support, knowledgable salespeople, easily customized test reports. Expensive, but worth it.
2sleepy

Bio-Logics

Postby nightworker » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:23 am

One item to consider with biologics is how to count O2 desats using the trend windows. Make sure you are comfortable with the method before buying. :x :(
nightworker

Biologic

Postby m2cute » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:47 pm

From a tech's point of view. WE use to use Alice so we became use to having the o2 reading in numbers. Its really hard with Biologic as they use steps up and down so one has to figuer out the baseline and then how many steps down to get the number for lowest desaturation levels. SO i think that is a hassel. WE haven't had any other problems that I can think of.
m2cute

Bio-logic

Postby TexasSleepguy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:55 am

I have been a Bio-logic user for many many years. We did have some glitches with older model. The current Bio-logic is great. Ease of scoring and remarkable report generation.
For me the Tech support is fantastic and even a couple years after the purchase, the sales staff makes on site visists and keep us updated and happy.
I have moved to a new lab and thy have another Brand and it has been a nightmare. Equipment fails and tech support is really bad.
We plan to purchase Bio-ologic equipment in the next couple of months.

When looking at equipment look at NASDAQ and the parent company. This will give you an Idea what you will be dealing with in the future. do some research and call the labs that use their equipment that do not appear on their list of happy users.

SAD BUT SERVICE HAS CHANGED...YUCK UPDATE sept 5TH 2008
Last edited by TexasSleepguy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TexasSleepguy

Biologic gone bad.

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:38 am

Well it has been a while now. Natus bought out Biologic and XLTEC.
Customer Service and Tech Support is Really bad now with Biologic. We are building a New Hospital and New Lab in 2009. We will not be buying Biologic.

Realoly Really Bad. I am very disappointed.
TexasSleepguy

Re: Any recent updates on Biologic?

Postby thom2my » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi all,

Appreciate any sharing of updates on Biologic (post-Natus).

We are presently evaluating PSG systems for equipment upgrade. The Biologic Sleepscan Vision does appear a rather 'dated' version with 'cartoonish' large icons but the display is good and colours (though limited in choice) does liven up otherwise a dull screen.

Thanks!
thom2my

Postby Jayhawkhenry » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Run away as fast as you can. My experiences with Biologic have been bad for the most part. When the equipment works is seems fine, but when there are problems it takes a long time to get them fixed and problems pop up on a regular basis.
I know some just love it, but I would look around a lot first. We dumped our Biologics systems for Grass
Jayhawkhenry

arrgh

Postby TexasSleepguy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:31 pm

I WAS the biggest Biologic supporter out there in sleep land. However post Natus-XLTEK the service is very lacking. Tech support ..."what tech support". Think long and hard before tackeling that COST.
The company is now in Canada.
I had called tech support.. was on the phone for a long time on hold. My cell phone rang.. it was Biologic they had a difficult question and needed my help. I told the Tech ...ummmm I am the one on hold with this very question.
The 2 best for tech support are nolonger with their company.
The new equipment to come out is a blend of technologies..... just not sure how well that will be.

I am willing to give the new regime a chance. HOWEVER! if any Biologic reps are out there reading this post.... plese ramp up your tech support!
TexasSleepguy

Postby Midnight Rider » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:31 pm

Did they even have a booth at the AASM meeting? I was looking for it but couldn't find it. I saw the Natus/XLTEK display however.
Midnight Rider

Postby Rick » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Natus owns Bio-logic and XLTEK, but you are right, I did not notice any Bio-logic things in their booth, but I wasn't looking for it... :?
Rick

Re: Thinking about buying Biologic for Sleep

Postby Honolulu » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:45 am

I have a Bio-logic ceegraph vision system. Does anyone know how I can get a hold of the software for it? Natus says they have stopped supporting it...

Thanks
Honolulu

Previous

Return to Biologic Systems Corp.