Biologic

Moderator: TexasSleepguy

Biologic

Postby TexasSleepguy » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:11 pm

I have been using and older vrsion of Biologic. have any of you been using the newest versions?
Any problems?
Is it worth the money to buy all new systems?

Give me all the dirt!! Before i use my new equipent budget!
TexasSleepguy

Pedi-neo

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:55 am

We are venturing into the word of Neonate testing.
The biologic system allows for a full eeg while running a PSG .This means you can run any montage this is fatastic!! I have to say I am sold 100% on the New Biologic System!
TexasSleepguy

Postby bungalowdog » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:46 am

Biologic sucks!!! I would not recommend it!!
bungalowdog

Postby sleepadmin » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:25 pm

bungalowdog wrote:Biologic sucks!!! I would not recommend it!!

Care to elaborate on your feelings? You’re likely to be taken seriously by the other members of this forum if you post some reasons why you feel this way.
sleepadmin
Admin

Any Vision users out there? scratch that - any posters out t

Postby wiffle » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:41 am

I would like to see more posted on this subject as well. Cmon you lurkers, please contribute your experience with Biologic. It seems like Vision, the software to replace Sleepscan, is quite easy on the mind & the eyes. It is written in XML and thusly has the pleasing appearance & functonality of a web page. The amps have processors right in em so the signal is converted before it reaches the PC.
wiffle

Postby TexasSleepguy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:31 pm

I have been working with newer Biologic Systems and programs. I have to say after working with Sandman, Alice and Grass.... Biologic is the winner for me hands down. Easy Montage changes- re -referencing Full EEG capable and user friendly.
I did have some problems with older versions of sleep scan but find the newer Systems a delight.

Towards the End of April I am evaluating, Pro Scan, Sandman, Biologic, and Grass Twin I will give you a break down on the the pros and cons of each system and let you know which system we will use in the New Labs.
TexasSleepguy

Bio-logic

Postby reevesprincess7 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:46 am

I work at three east texas hospitals. Two using Bio-Logic and 1 using Compumedics. Both are great except with Compumedics you have more options such as scoring in the look back screen and you can calculate the RDI as you go along which is very useful when doing a Split study.
:)
reevesprincess7

Postby TexasSleepguy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:38 am

which East Texas Hospitals?
I am near Longview
TexasSleepguy

Postby domino512 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:28 pm

Bio-logic has had the capability of scoring "on-line" for a few years now. And for at least a year and a half, they've had running RDI. It doesn't sound like you've been working with recent program versions.
domino512

Biologic

Postby firebear595 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:41 am

We have been running Bio since we upgraded in 00 current ver: 6.71.15 which has strained our hdwr to the max, however that said I must say that after working with and getting to know this system I am really appreciative of the flexablity built into the software. This may turn out to be a niave' statement in the near future as I am about to embark into the bold new world of a 6 bed facility, up from 2 bed hospital based lab. I am now intent on searching out the system that others seem to be the most happy with both PHY as well as Techs. I will say this thou, If the newest version of Bio is as good as I've heard this will be the software of choice for us.

The Bear :shock:
firebear595

biologic

Postby richie » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:20 pm

The only problem with biologic is the price of the equipment that can only be used with biologic. Example can only use certain kinds of respiratory bands and thermistors that are very expensive, they also tend to get you on the computer being custom built and are a piece of junk.I work in a 6 bed lab that does pedi and adults with eeg sometimes.
richie

results of reviewing systems

Postby TexasSleepguy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:43 pm

I have been reviewing and re-reviewing sleep systems. Soon we will be opening a 6 bed lab. The most important thing for us after data gathering is HL7 interface into hospital digiatl systems. Biologic wins hands down in this area.
Versatility-stability of network.
I have found no other Sleep system to be as well suited for an up to date state of the art Diagnostic Sleep Lab.
In my humble opinion.
TexasSleepguy

Re: biologic

Postby wiffle » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:28 am

[quote="richie"]The only problem with biologic is the price of the equipment that can only be used with biologic. Example can only use certain kinds of respiratory bands and thermistors that are very expensive, they also tend to get you on the computer being custom built and are a piece of junk.I work in a 6 bed lab that does pedi and adults with eeg sometimes.[/quote]

Ummm, the websites of protech show that Biologic is perfectly compatible with their piezos and thermistors. I dont see that as being a problem. What bands and thermistors do you WANT to use?
wiffle

last Lab

Postby TexasSleepguy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:11 pm

on our old systems at another hospital we used just about any product we wanted.... didnt buy just from biologic.
TexasSleepguy

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:45 pm

Ok bought 6 systems and have one up and running to use before new lab opens. I will keep you guys up to date on the good as well as the bad.

so far so good, simple to use.
I am going in to score on it later today.

Employees are a little rattled by the new system. creatures of habit they would rather use the 6 year old Grass Telefactor.
The clarity of the signal is amazing.
Tech called me in tears she said " the eeg is too clear I cant read the stages" guess she was use to seeing the artifact lol
TexasSleepguy

Next

Return to Biologic Systems Corp.