Biologic

Moderator: TexasSleepguy

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:58 pm

ok finshed a week on the New systems.
At first I was a little lost. The sesitivity can be changed by high lighting the channel and then use arrow up and arrow down keys now the rub comes in when scoring if you have to increase or decrease wile scoring you have to high light channel and use the [ for increase and for decrease use] keys. Since I lost part of my memory in that mini coma last year I cant remember if this is the same as in the older Biologic systems.

you have to map events to your mouse and be sure and make sure ICONs at top are turned on or you find its a night mare to score.
once I figured these things out things started running smoothly.
So far the Biologic equipment has lived up to the standards of the Biologic Coorperation.

Tech error is waht is the problem here...I should have it down soon.
I have to archive and burn to DVDs soon so I will report that to you Monday or Tuesday.
TexasSleepguy

WOW texas guy! Are you sure we dont work together??

Postby wiffle » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:11 pm

Thats EXACTLY what is going on with us in week TWO. Hey, when you go into analysis (scoring) instead of the brackets try right clicking on the channel label and make sure the scale is 50 for eEGs and EOGs. also try semicolons for changing the baseline

Now heres a really NEAT one. notice how squirrley the chins are? R click on the chin label and in properties uncheck the "sampled rate" and you will have the classic chin look for pleasureable REM scoring. archiving is a snap, just did it. remember to r click the roxio icon in the bottom right tray
to format the disk first. datashare disks are a little more complicated.

Are you successful with getting the graph to dock below scoring screen for a compass view of the SaO2?
wiffle

Texas

Postby somnonaut » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:01 am

You mentioned in an older thread that you were on Win98 machines. Is that still the OS in use here with HL7? And is this an XML recording?
somnonaut

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:23 pm

our newst systems are XP and as for the other I have no Idea. ( I will get the info and get back to ya on that)

i do not know if we have 2 gigs of RAM that would allow us to upgrade to windows Vista due out next year.
TexasSleepguy

Wiffle

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:44 pm

Are you recording video and PSG data on DVD? the small size of the DVD make it east to store data in patietns paper chart.
I found that if you go to google and search fruggle you can get 1000 DVD-r for only 308$
the -r makes it more viewwer friendly the DVD+r can not be viewed on all players.
now if i could find DVD envelopes instead of jewel cases all would be well.

i will check out the stuff you mentioned on Monday.

I just found them at office world.com box of 100 $11.67 GREAT!
TexasSleepguy

Re: Texas

Postby TexasSleepguy » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:46 pm

somnonaut wrote:You mentioned in an older thread that you were on Win98 machines. Is that still the OS in use here with HL7? And is this an XML recording?

The Operating System is Windows XP Pro. The software itself is programmed in XML or Extended Markup Language, which is the latest in programming languages used for applications such as this.
TexasSleepguy

Recording video texassleepguy

Postby wiffle » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:55 am

We are still tinkering with that situation. We got the basic video package but we want to upgrade to the integrated video package so we can "strip" and synchrinize epochs and so forth. You?
wiffle

Video

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:45 am

Wiffle, I store the entire video and sleep study on one DVD-R. I then store only significant snips in digital hospital records. If yo uhave a dedicated server to the Biologic system you shouldnt have any trouble. I just date, time and epoch # the Snipped or stripped Video file.
TexasSleepguy

How is your system coming TXsleepyguy

Postby wiffle » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:20 am

We are more comfortable now with some of the advanaced features. The utter complete difference between collection & analysis was (and still is) something to get used to, but we really like some of the features. We are still having quite a few software issues that we are having a hard time getting feedback on. The tech support/ sales/ installer/ and daytime support are all adequate but there is always the "we will get back to you" answer and then nothing happens. There is a definite difference between the attentiveness we got before the sale as opposed to "after". But we are not negative yet. I dont know, but the merger with Natus, ticker symbol

NASDAQ: BABY

may have something to do with it so we are hopeful
wiffle

Previous

Return to Biologic Systems Corp.