VOIP Intercom

CPAP, BiPAP, and other sleep systems

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

VOIP Intercom

Postby linuxgeek » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:56 am

Does anyone know of an Intercom system that works over a LAN?

And then, either a small handset on each station or a software client.

Preferably one or two computers that act as a master to see all the rooms status.

We are moving very soon, and our intercom install is not what we requested. It's a nurse-call system that's adapted for our needs, but it's all kind of wrong and bulky.
linuxgeek

Postby linuxgeek » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:57 am

Oh, and we have a ton of network cabling in place so I'm looking at possibly other options.
linuxgeek

Postby somnonaut » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:55 pm

In my buildout we kept the intercoms point to point due to natuer of the things being monitored, and the need to have a Coax video feed to the acquisition station. I did find IP solutions for door releases, such that, as you ask, there can be Master stations to monitor and talk back and then remotely open the doors.
http://www.aiphone.com/home/
somnonaut

Postby bduce » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 am

Sorry LG, only saw this now. The aiphone intercoms you can use as a VOIP system. I have used our LAN system to hook them and also provide POE with the patient call button. Just strip back one of the cat 5 cables - including the insulation around the wires. Choose four colours as yoru ground and attach these to your ground attachment (there is a small jumper which connects the ground and -ve electrical points together) - then attach the other four to your positive signal. Reciprocate at the other end. Add a power source and it should work.
bduce

Return to Other Equipment