Used/non-functional headboxes wanted!

CPAP, BiPAP, and other sleep systems

Moderators: SCNVsleep, labman2

Used/non-functional headboxes wanted!

Postby REMFarmer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:07 pm

MODERATORS: Somehow this was posted in Pediatrics (?) by mistake. I am reposting in the correct forum (hopefully). Sorry for the error and for reposting the same msg!

I am wondering if anyone out there has any old headboxes laying around the lab taking up space -- maybe from changing over to new system or maybe just not functional for whatever reason and no longer under waranty or repairable. I do alot of troubleshooting over the phone with various labs using all different systems with different equipment needs and it would be really helpful for me, and in turn to them, if I had physical models on hand to help me out. I thought about just having large pics or maybe even manufacturer prints to use as reference, but these are both hard to find and not nearly as useful as being able to access the actual ports, etc. You would think that you could just go with factory specs and info and in many cases you can, BUT as we all know, there are a lot of 'custom' set ups out there and techs can be really creative and sometimes I need a visual to get on the same page.

I have already exhausted all my lab contacts and managed to obtain Alice 3, 4 and 5 as well as an old Grass Telefactor EEG box (model F-EBI 36) -- but thats about it. I need Emblas, Sandmans, N.K., Sensormedics, Cadwell, Xltek, Grass, or any other system I can get my hands on. Again, I just need to find 1 box from each system -- no cables or power cords and the box will never be used in a study, so it doesn't need to be functional. Just need it to be physically complete, intact and labeled as it was from the manufacturer.

Anyway, I know this is a strange request, but just throwing it out there. Contacting the manufacturers for something like this has so far not been very productive and I figured what the heck, I'd give the forum a shot. I'm not exactly sure the best way to do the shipping $ or whatever, but we can figure out something if you have a headbox I can take off your hands for you!

Thank you for your time and consideration!
REMFarmer

Postby somnonaut » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 pm

WHat a great resource for Binarysleep to offer. A picture library of the equipment and vendor library of documentation for various systems. REMFarmer probably has a good amount of PDF or DOC and others I would presume can provide other vendors/systems. Then if everyone would just take photos of their headboxes and systems.
somnonaut

Postby REMFarmer » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 pm

somnonaut wrote:WHat a great resource for Binarysleep to offer. A picture library of the equipment and vendor library of documentation for various systems. REMFarmer probably has a good amount of PDF or DOC and others I would presume can provide other vendors/systems. Then if everyone would just take photos of their headboxes and systems.

Yeah, actually that IS a great idea! I guess I shoulda concluded that if something is useful to me, then it may be useful to others too! I am but another sad product of this 'me first' society in which we live! :lol:

Although, I still hope to obtain the physical equipment so I that I can actually plug things in and test ports and compatibility first hand -- the image library would be super useful in about 90% of the cases and would be an excellent and unique resource for everyone to have access to. Kudos Somno!
REMFarmer

Return to Other Equipment