Montages and Reports

Montages and Reports

Postby sleepspirit » Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:25 pm

Is anyone using the Grass Heritage system and would like to get a "support" group going on here to discuss various issues? We use Grass and their tech support people aren't always easy to reach. Maybe we could all help each other!????
sleepspirit

Postby TooSleepy » Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:33 am

So there is another poor, unfortunate soul using the Heritage system :!: :shock: We have had this system since our lab opened about 5 years ago (I have worked with it for the last 1.5 years). We have the Gamma software v3.2. We continually try to get updates, but Grass tells us we would have to replace the entire system (PC and all!) - that is when we can get them to call us back. We have also had a similar situation with tech support. They are difficult to reach, require you to leave a message, and don't call back promptly. We are lucky if we can find someone there to answer questions about our dinosaur system. There may be a light at the end of the tunnel, however. We may be getting different (new) diagnostic equipment soon!
I think a Grass support group is a great idea!!
TooSleepy

Postby sleepspirit » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:18 pm

You said it well..."another poor soul" that's exactly how I feel!!! Even when you do get someone in their tech support, half the time they aren't very helpful and it takes forever to get them to understand what you need help with. I've worked with several other systems, with great tech support so I don't think it's me!!!!
sleepspirit

Postby wmack » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:14 am

Grass has hired a new Tech support person, and when i have a problem i just talk to thier manager. I am sure that I have the same problems that you have, but so far I have been able to get some results.

The biggest problem that I see is that when you provide support for a sleep system, I think that you should have someone who is actually awake for tech support during third shift when your products are actaully going to be used!
wmack

Postby sleepspirit » Wed Aug 06, 2003 2:40 pm

Does this new tech person have a name? How do you talk to a manager when no one EVER answers the phone?!! I agree 100% that sleep systems need to have 24/7 support and it should be a technical person who understands sleep as well as computers!
sleepspirit

tech support

Postby wmack » Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:22 am

All of the grass tech support knows me by name. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not. :P

I did ask the tech support manager about the 24hr thing, and she said that they do not have enough of a need for it as far as the sleep side goes. Maybe other labs have just had more like than I have, but i sure hope that v 4.5 fixes some of my problems.

I agree that the lag time is long for getting a return call, but I think that they are busy. Even leaving a message in thier personal mailboxes does not seem to help all the time.
wmack

Grass Support

Postby Setupsleeplabs » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:00 pm

Grass does in fact have 24/7 tech support. As far as upgrading the software, if your system is older than 4 or 5 years adding new software may actually cause more issues because of the age of your PC. Upgrading the PC will allow the software to work more efficiently. Grass also allows you to use Windows XP or 2000 with Gamma software.
Setupsleeplabs

Postby TooSleepy » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:38 pm

True, upgrading or replacing the PC would help, and we intend to do so-just not w/Grass. We are interested in another diagnostic system. Increasing the processing speed is but one hurdle. This system (at least our version) is not very user-friendly, and I have found the tech support to be lacking. Even when the PC was only 1-2 years old, we were unable to get a Gamma software upgrade.
TooSleepy

Postby wmack » Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:30 am

Just a clarificatiin, Gamma 4.4 is actaully not support by XP. I have talked with the head of tech support and that is what she told me. There are some problems that appear to be only with XP. They are supposted to fix them with 4.5, but I haven't seen my copy yet. I am still stuck with the Beta
wmack

Postby Helena Midkiff » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:21 pm

We would love to be part odf a Grass support group. Our new system was installed in Jan 2005, and we have been having problems with the HP computers powering down suddenly. Has anyone else experienced this. Tech support says its "dirty" power. We ahve UPSs on all the workstations. Any ideas?
Helena Midkiff

Find something

Postby fish14544 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:39 am

I think you should find something better to do with you time...
fish14544

Return to Grass Telefactor