sleep sense rip belt problem

sleep sense rip belt problem

Postby stars » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:11 am

Hello !We use Grass system.Now i try new sleep sense rip belt
and all my chest and abdomen has severe SAW tooth signal
max in chest channel less abdomen and very little on sum channel
Best combination for grass i have 0.1/12 .
Any idea why ? and how fx this problem. Thank you
stars

RIP noise problem

Postby slpltd » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Stars,
I have never seen anything like this before, but I'll risk a guess that there is some other piece of equipment nearby that is generating these interferences and transmitting them to the amplifier. Please switch off all other electronics near the bed one after teh other – oximeter, fan, intercom, wireless data links and any other piece of equipment until you see the interference stops. Then you need to isolate the problematic device by routing its wires as far away from the interface and the system, maybe checking ground connections etc'.
The interference are picked up by both channels in opposite phase, so it cancles out in the SUM channel.
Good luck,
Noam
slpltd

Postby tyrantwannabe » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:24 am

i had this problem really bad and it was driving me crazy. i would adjust and adjust and adjust and get no where. first off, the solution to the problem is the belt itself, not the wire or any interference. our belts start getting these odd parts where they get much skinnier at one point in them. those belts do this alot, especially when you use the one that just might be a little bit too big or too loose. try a new belt, like brand new belt. guarantee you it will work.
tyrantwannabe

Postby somnonaut » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Try washing the offedning belt in question, laying flat on a towel long ways, rolling towel long ways nice atight and leave for a few hours. Water gets absorbed by towel, and pressure frmo rolling flattens belt to almost new consistency.
somnonaut

Postby snorewhore » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 am

The RIP belts are sensitive - if it's bad in the THO and less in the ABD I would check to see if the artifact on the channel matches the rate of the ECG. I have seen "pulse/ECG" artifact a bunch of times... the sleepmate ones in particular should be applied much more loosely than a Piezo belt.
snorewhore

Postby sleepnlisa » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:22 am

Our protech belts will do this when the batteries come loose in the rip unit (after the patient moves and/or the unit is bumped) I put double sided foam tape in the battery compartment to help cushion the batteries and provide a tighter fit. This can make for a busy night. Good luck!
Lisa
sleepnlisa

Postby Sleepboi31 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:03 am

We used to get this on the old sleep sense rip belts.

This used to happen if belts were too tight or too loose.

We switched to the new one size fits all and so far so good.
Sleepboi31

Return to Grass Telefactor