Scoring Data with Grass 4.5 from the Web

Scoring Data with Grass 4.5 from the Web

Postby TA » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:51 pm

Has anyone setup a website that would allow users to remotely score data via the web?

The data will reside onsite at the sleep lab. The scorers will work from home.

Any idea of the best configurations?

Thank you,
TA
TA

There are a few...

Postby somnonaut » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:00 pm

For clinical purposes, the biggest I know of as of now are:
Digital courier
SleepEx
Morpheus
For research as of now:
Clinilabs

Disclosure: I score research trials remotely for Clinilabs.
somnonaut

Postby TA » Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:05 pm

Thanks for the information. I will look at these sights.
TA

Postby Bobzzz » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:22 pm

I know this discussion is long since over but I contacted these companies in search for a company that would provide remote scoring capabilities. I've been trying to get a sales presentation and pricing from Digital Courier (PDS) and have given up. It's been like pulling teeth to talk to a salesperson. Are there any other companies out there providing this service?
Bobzzz

Postby sleepadmin » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:45 am

I tried getting information from a couple of those companies too, and I agree, they are very tight lipped. They're worried about someone stealing their design I guess. It's real silly if you ask me, because many vendors like that don't build from the ground up, but rather build on other peoples software/hardware technology.

One lab I work for had an upload/download engine built into their website. It logs activity of registered users as well. But it doesn't allow users to score the data that resides in the office, but rather someone from the office uploads the data, then the remote person downloads when they are ready.

Depending on how complicated you want it, you should be able to have something similar built starting at $3K.
sleepadmin
Admin

Postby Bobzzz » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:16 am

Yes it is really silly. It's networking technology, hardly a deep dark secret any more. I just need the ability to score from anywhere, be able to download the data to me locally or store it on someone else's server. Heck depending on all it took to get set up it sounds like a real nice business to get into. I know these companies want to get scoring contracts among other things but I'm not interested in that. We do our own scoring.
The more I think about it that would be a sweet business if I knew where to start.
Bobzzz

I also

Postby somnonaut » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:59 am

scored for CLinilabs out of NYC, who ran theri own Terminal server, wiht Grass at the server end and everyone would have their own desktop when logged in, and be able to only do scoring. SOrry, but running Grass this method was like having a bicycle on the autobahn.
I am sure we could come up with a usable logged in HIPAA compliant download/upload site for about $50-100/month. WIth GBs of space too, on server farmed servers. There is a glut of storage out there, and people just willing to give ridiculous deals.
You just want a pass thru portal right, not scoring online, you will score locally, right?
somnonaut

Postby Bobzzz » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:12 pm

Yes we'll score locally. We'd want to download the studies to us for scoring and Dr. interps. Would online scoring and storage be that much more involved?
Bobzzz

Postby sleepadmin » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:42 am

Scoring online (vs. uploading/downloading the entire study) would be more taxing to the connection at both ends. The server hosting the data would also need to be on a very fast connection (more than a cable modem/DSL). The amount of requests going back and forth along with the volume of sleep data would make it harder (but certainly not impossible) than sending the entire study at once.

Plus it's safer to send the data in one piece. You can encrypt the data in a container, AND use SSL tunneling for the data transfers.
sleepadmin
Admin

Postby Rick » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:04 am

There are companies out there that allow storage and scoring online, entirely HIPAA compliant, physicians can interp from anywhere and techs can score from anywhere. One that I am involved with can only use Sandman, Alice and soon, Sensormedics software, because the software needs to be "opened" and used by the software guys in this company.

Wow, I am so proud that I did not mention SleepEx by name or the fact that Pro-Tech bought into them last month.
Rick

That issss

Postby somnonaut » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:37 pm

until you ask all of these Internet scoring companies about whether the scoring tech or the reviewing/interpreting doc can view the video.

No one ever does that remotely, with sound to corroborate snoring.
Also, whether the interpreting can query the scoring tech and ask for rationale to scoring events. And can the interp doc change the scoring themselves, or hav eto go through a myriad of level sof management to talk to the tech or retag/tag/reclassify events?

I find there is nothing for fluidity like having staff responisble to the doc, and not the corp.

Just my $.02
somnonaut

Return to Grass Telefactor