Lightly
48%
Strictly
52%

Total votes : 33

This section is Moderated Strictly

Postby sleepadmin » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:13 am

This section is: Moderated Strictly

This section of the forums is moderated a bit stricter than some other sections. Polite dialog and professionalism are required. Violations will result in editing or deletion of your post. This rule is in effect 06/10/06, (older posts exempt).

If you're new here: Please SEARCH before you post a question. :P
sleepadmin
Admin

Moderation

Postby TwinSmoke » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:16 am

I think that this section should be moderated to keep it clean and professional. The old addage is that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. I believe this to be true if for nothing more than to just maintain proffessionality. If there is something disconcerning to say, say it in the PI forum. This section is for us to help each other, not start a heated debate. However, I think that sometimes techs get heated at knowing what other labs are doing or not doing, and therefor should be able to state their opinion in a professional matter without recourse. Just my 2 cents.
TwinSmoke

Glue vs. Paste

Postby silouette » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:14 am

I would like to start by saying that it is not our intention to spark a debate over this issue. I appreciate the fact that this has been discussed at length on this site, but I notice that the dates on the thread that was provided are several years old. Our lab is currently using Ten20 paste, but our lab manager (who has no background in sleep) is recommending a switch to glue for potential cost savings. The purpose of posting our poll was to hopefully get a feel for what other labs are doing, & this site seemed a great place for this type of information exchange.

It is unfortunate that the moderators of this site have discouraged people from participating in this poll. We would like to start a new poll, & we would appreciate any participation.
silouette

Postby SCNVsleep » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:46 am

1. The truth of the matter is that we have a Search function. Use it and you will find a TON of opinions on Collodion vs. Paste beyond that one thread. You'll get your feel for what other labs are doing. What you won't find is a consensus, unfortunately.

2. This is really not the thread for your specific post. If you have a question or a problem about/with your thread being locked, please PM a moderator of this forum, or sleepadmin.

Thanks~
SCNVsleep

Return to Setup and Collection Questions