pulse ox problems

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2, respbarb

Postby somnonaut » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:42 pm

How much is a full license?
LG, have you written add-ins for it?
Is it open sourced?
somnonaut

Postby bduce » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:25 pm

License is modular. 1750 euros for the basic license and then you pay for whatever you need. Extra features may cost you between 450 and 1750 euros.

Hence my need to find out how useful it is
bduce

Postby linuxgeek » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 am

Prana is pretty good, depending on what you use it for. If you are using it to investigate on a few to several PSGs it will save you a lot of time and let you do things that you probably wouldn't be able to do otherwise.

I used it to do our first EEG analysis on a cohort of data. The # of studies I had to deal with made it difficult. If I had spent the time to write my own module it would have been better. But trying to run it on 1000's of studies it would crash and was difficult to handle slightly different PSGs. That wouldn't be as much of a problem now since I've written code to standardize studies, but it was then.

We've since written our own code to handle the large # of studies, but I pull it out every once in awhile to compare. Other people who bought a license at the same time we did, have used it to do the lionshare of their analysis. You should get in touch with Jamie Zeitzer, as he uses it more than our group.

It is not open source, but it is written in Matlab. And so you can write modules in matlab. You need to install the developer's kit for that, and a full version of matlab (I think). BTW, it's a pain to have the normal version and the developer's kit version installed alongside.
linuxgeek

Previous

Return to Setup and Collection Questions