In Need of Power Spectrum Anylses Introduction

Moderator: labman2

In Need of Power Spectrum Anylses Introduction

Postby Modifier1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:45 am

Hello again everyone,

I'm unsure if this is in the correct topic location. Moderators please feel free to move as necessary.

I would like to improve my knowledge of what exactly a power spectrum analyses is, and the different methods (FFT) which are useful for determining power bands during sleep studies, and any pitiful or drawbacks of such methods that I should be aware of. If we could essentially assume that I know little about this area and to start from scratch. This way I should be able to fill in any gaps.

Although I have done some basic googling, if any of you knowledgeable individuals could share some resources, such as recommended books, journals or any form of reference, that would be excellent and desirable.

I need to know how to interpret and use FFT for my research purposes.

For reference, I’m somewhat familiar with scoring studies and the overall architecture of sleep and electrode hookup/montages etc.

Many thanks,

Modifier
Modifier1

Re: In Need of Power Spectrum Anylses Introduction

Postby somnonaut » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Really? Google is your friend.
If you understand FFT, then start there and google "How does FFT differ from Period amplitude analysis or wavelet analysis"
somnonaut

Postby Modifier1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Google is indeed my friend, I was inquisitive to see if anyone could point me to more immediate, direct infomation.

I'll have a look into Periodic amplitude and wavelet analyses, I hadn't heard of these before
Modifier1

Postby somnonaut » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:05 pm

somnonaut

Return to Scoring Sleep Studies