Scoring using Medicare criteria

Moderator: labman2

Scoring using Medicare criteria

Postby lupecruz00 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 am

I'm a newbie at scoring. I need help clarifying the Medicare criteria for scoring respiratory events. I know mainly the difference that 4% desat in hypopneas vs. 3% desat that AASM recommends. My questions are
- am I suppose to score only hypopneas with 4% desat so it could show on the generated report?
or
- do I count the hypopneas with 4% desat to meet within two hours of sleep to split patient, but score all hypopneas and include both in the generated report?
- If the second way is what is suppose to be done, how do I go about to showing the difference in the report? Is it suppose to be something like "Medicare AHI/RDI" and "AASM AHI/RDI"?
-and for scoring HSTs would it be the same thing?
thank you in advance.
lupecruz00

Re: Scoring using Medicare criteria

Postby MrBig » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 pm

What's your medical director say?
MrBig

Postby lupecruz00 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Oh I'm suppose to have a meeting with him some time next week to discuss protocols and policies, but wanted to have some knowledge and be prepared with something. The thing is that our lead tech quit, and I had to step up, but I have no experience as a lead tech and I've only been scoring for less then two months, and I want to make the meeting proactive/efficient by making my own research first. So he is the one that is suppose to give me that info/protocol? I also wanted to check since we are also getting ready to start the AASM accreditation process. :-)
lupecruz00

Postby MrBig » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 am

Sounds legit.
MrBig

Return to Scoring Sleep Studies