Nightron

Moderator: labman2

Nightron

Postby Sleep Director » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Has anyone used the Nightron PSG Power station?

It appears that the company no longer exists and there is not a help menu in the software. I have been able to navigate and stage a study but I cannot figure out how to score events of any type (resp, limb, etc). Any help would be great
Sleep Director

Re: Nightron

Postby somnonaut » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Is that something for sale in U.S.? Or are you overseas?
somnonaut

Postby Vix » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:38 am

Looks like a company that was based in California.
Found this in a document on the web from 2003.
Their website appears to no longer exist.

TeleDiagnostic Systems
2483 Old Middlefield Way
Mountain View, CA 94043
(650) 625-9001;
(800) 227-3224
Fax: (650) 625-9004
E-mail: tb@telediagnostic.com
Web site: www.telediagnostic.com
Product Line: 32-channel digital
system, 24-channel digital EEG real-time
transtelephonic transmission system
Company Description: TDS invented
real-time telephonic EEG in 1972 and in
1987 introduced one of the first
computer-based PSG systems, the
VISTA. The new Nightron PSG system
combines ease of use and reliability of
VISTA with state-of-the-art technology.
Vix

Postby linuxgeek » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:14 pm

A blast from the past. I used VISTA way back. I used to go to their office in san francisco a fair amount.
I didn't think they were in existence for about 15 years. Although they did have a lot of little companies doing other products.
The VISTA psg system was essentially done by a single person; his name was Larry.
linuxgeek

Postby somnonaut » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Yeah, I remember Larry. We used to use Telediagnostics BEFORE Vista was created. Blue boxes with monitor, transmitter and receiver, doing Neonates from the PICU back in the early 90's with a cart rolling in and out. There was no software then, it was all hardware to transmit waveforms from point A to point B where polygraph and CNS system would record it all. Though I never heard of Nightron, I did recall they came out with Vista right about the Gold rush days of polysomnography, when the meetings were actually fruitful to trial the latest software from the myriad of vendors. Not have one vendor (Natus) squatting on a bunch of different "manufacturers" and keeping everyone "down on the farm" in terms of software and hardware development.

Alright, off soapbox.
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:01 pm

I think I need to add the requisite

"GET OFF MY LAWN"

here.
somnonaut

Postby Sleep Director » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks all,

I have not been able to find anyone who can remember how to use the system. Around 15-16ish years ago a lab I worked at changed from paper to digital and this system reminds me of that time by we used Nihon Khoden system and we had this pen like attachment that we would use to circle the event or make notes on the screen but with the Nightron you use the "F" keys to count the events. So for instance, during one epoch, if the pt has 3 LMs and one LM is associated with an arousal, I have to hit the F6 key twice for PLM No Arousal and F7 once for PLM with Arousal. I have been able to figure out how to delete events or how to count snore arousals. Does anyone remember how to score on this system?
Sleep Director

Postby somnonaut » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Could the Library of Congress house a copy of this manual as an FDA device?
somnonaut

Postby linuxgeek » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Sounds like the VISTA scoring system.

It worked better with the keyboard layout with 2 columns of function keys to the right of the number keypad. I couldn''t find a picture of one on the web.

I don't remember how to delete, but try holding a modifier key when pressing the function key (Ctrl, Alt, or Shift).

Could probably use one of these for the fn keys.
linuxgeek

Postby Margaret Townsend » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Sleep Director wrote:Thanks all,

I have not been able to find anyone who can remember how to use the system. Around 15-16ish years ago a lab I worked at changed from paper to digital and this system reminds me of that time by we used Nihon Khoden system and we had this pen like attachment that we would use to circle the event or make notes on the screen but with the Nightron you use the "F" keys to count the events. So for instance, during one epoch, if the pt has 3 LMs and one LM is associated with an arousal, I have to hit the F6 key twice for PLM No Arousal and F7 once for PLM with Arousal. I have been able to figure out how to delete events or how to count snore arousals. Does anyone remember how to score on this system?

Good Afternoon;

I have been using TeleDiagnostic Nightron since 1990 and to this day I continue to use Nightron. I started with the Vista and upgraded to Nightron. I have the manuals for both Vista and Nightron. The company has gone into EEG equipment and I did lose contact with Larry Woodard and Tom Buscher. However, I presently own 16 Nightron and 4 Vistas. What can I help you with. I am more than familiar with their function, testing, scoring etc.. I can be reached at my email breeze7323@yahoo.com or feel free to call me at (810) 908-0385.

Margaret Townsend
Margaret Townsend

Postby Margaret Townsend » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Good Afternoon;

I have been using TeleDiagnostic Nightron since 1990 and to this day I continue to use Nightron. I started with the Vista and upgraded to Nightron. I have the manuals for both Vista and Nightron. The company has gone into EEG equipment and I did lose contact with Larry Woodard and Tom Buscher. However, I presently own 16 Nightron and 4 Vistas. What can I help you with. I am more than familiar with their function, testing, scoring etc.. I can be reached at my email breeze7323@yahoo.com or feel free to call me at (810) 908-0385.

Margaret Townsend
Margaret Townsend New Member Posts: 1Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:19 am
Margaret Townsend

Return to Scoring Sleep Studies