problems with computer/compumedics

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, SCNVsleep, labman2

Postby somnonaut » Tue May 07, 2013 11:46 pm

It was bduce who mentioned the migration during running.
We got our Graels after having our E-series installed in 09, never opening as we had to wait on Dept of Health Cert of Occupancy which took ten months. In the interim, we got the first Graels installed around Jan 10, as we opened for biz Feb 2010. There were some hiccups. There were no DC inputs at all at first, and we had to wait for the DC boxes to come in, and then get configured and work out the 8 or 16 input scenarios.
The move issue was in the mix from the beginning, and it was discussed at all levels and then was agreed it should be changed to Copy. Not sure how you had a copy function, ours never even allowed copying, only moving. Was that Pro 3 with Nexus on E-series?
somnonaut

Postby bduce » Wed May 08, 2013 3:20 am

Migration while running
1. You need build 181 of Nexus
2. Go to each of your recording workstations (this is done on the workstation not the server)
3. Double click on Nexus Configuration application on you nexus control screen.
4. On the left hand side of the nexus configuration screen right click on the nexus server (or whatever you call your nexus server).
5. Select properties.
6. Click on the Options tab
7. Check the Storage Option: "Centralised Storage: Data is continuously moved to Nexus Server's storage during acquisition (Real-time Cart Mode)."
8. Click OK.
bduce

Postby bbdgriptonia » Thu May 09, 2013 11:56 pm

somnonaut wrote:It was bduce who mentioned the migration during running.
We got our Graels after having our E-series installed in 09, never opening as we had to wait on Dept of Health Cert of Occupancy which took ten months. In the interim, we got the first Graels installed around Jan 10, as we opened for biz Feb 2010. There were some hiccups. There were no DC inputs at all at first, and we had to wait for the DC boxes to come in, and then get configured and work out the 8 or 16 input scenarios.
The move issue was in the mix from the beginning, and it was discussed at all levels and then was agreed it should be changed to Copy. Not sure how you had a copy function, ours never even allowed copying, only moving. Was that Pro 3 with Nexus on E-series?

Wow, that's intense. I don't know if i could have kept with Compumedics if there was that much pain involved. No DC boxes?! crazy... The copy function was something our IT had to develop. We are a part of a medical organization with several other sleep centers. They had figured out the study mirror thing in 2008 (end of) when i came to my facility that was just built at the time. Yes we are running Pro 3 with nexus and we had the e-series. Not a huge fan, but atleast they connected everytime...

bduce wrote:Migration while running
1. You need build 181 of Nexus
2. Go to each of your recording workstations (this is done on the workstation not the server)
3. Double click on Nexus Configuration application on you nexus control screen.
4. On the left hand side of the nexus configuration screen right click on the nexus server (or whatever you call your nexus server).
5. Select properties.
6. Click on the Options tab
7. Check the Storage Option: "Centralised Storage: Data is continuously moved to Nexus Server's storage during acquisition (Real-time Cart Mode)."
8. Click OK.

Thanks bduce! i asked one of my sister lab manager why we are not doing this. Apparently we stopped years ago because we all share a single server. Having 28 stations migrating at the same time while collecting was creating some sort of issues? especially for our facility as we are the farthest away from our server depo, at least from what i am told.
bbdgriptonia

Postby bbdgriptonia » Thu May 09, 2013 11:59 pm

bbdgriptonia wrote: The copy function was something our IT had to develop.

Sorry, when i say develop i meant worked with the vendor. Another problem with a bunch of stations all migrating to one server was causing migration problems and this was a fail safe.
bbdgriptonia

Re: problems with computer/compumedics

Postby Ineedmoresleep » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:47 am

Hello, I am also having migration issues with the nexus server i have manager to retrieve the study and migrate it onto the server for scoring, however i still have an error message in my action pane "study blah blah needs to synchronise with he server" and i cannot find any way to get rid of it. The study files don't appear to be corrupted, i have reset the server etc
Please help
I swear computers hate me but i am a nice person.
Ineedmoresleep

Re: problems with computer/compumedics

Postby stars » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:36 am

Not computer just compumedics
Server drop all time
Same message in am
Usually full reboot computer
Or call tech support sometimes
They in good mood and help
stars

Previous

Return to Managing a Sleep Lab