Mask/Hose Dininfection and Cycle Validation Log

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, SCNVsleep, labman2

Mask/Hose Dininfection and Cycle Validation Log

Postby sleepchick17 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Would anyone be willing to share a form/log used to track how many times masks/hoses are being disinfected? I know they should be cleaned according to the manufacturers guidelines. However, I am looking for help with a form and process to validate the information such as how masks are numbered. Also, I have read that the masks should be sealed in individual bags after being cleaned but have read in other documentation that they can be stored together in large containers/bins as long as it has a secure lid. If anyone has guidelines from the AASM or JCAHO on this, and would be willing to share the article, as well as the tracking and validation process, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sleepchick17

Re: Mask/Hose Dininfection and Cycle Validation Log

Postby somnonaut » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:58 pm

It is WAYY too time consuming and expensive to justify cleaning/reusing PAP stuffs. Just use $2.50 hoses and give mask and hose to patient in morning.
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:59 pm

To justify anything, now you have to only keep track of the trial masks used to figure out which mask to actually use for night.
somnonaut

Postby RPSGT2000something » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:40 am

I do wish we could give away the masks but I haven't worked anywhere (yet) that allows this. My manager wants us to disinfect everything in the morning and reuse them over and over. We don't track the masks themselves but we have a log where we check/change the Control III solution frequently.
RPSGT2000something

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:19 am

Reusing mask and hoses can be costly. Cleaning and reusing will cost you plenty in productivity hours. If at all possible discuss with your director/ Manager or Supervisors about going disposable.
Mask VIP programs are very inexpensive.
TexasSleepguy

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:22 am

RPSGT2000something wrote:I do wish we could give away the masks but I haven't worked anywhere (yet) that allows this. My manager wants us to disinfect everything in the morning and reuse them over and over. We don't track the masks themselves but we have a log where we check/change the Control III solution frequently.

Take a look at your mask and read the manufacturing cleaning and care guide. You will be held accountable for manufactures cleaning guide/standards. Most masks have only a portion that maybe cleaned. You will also look at cleaning and care of headgear. Many say single use only.
TexasSleepguy

Postby Murcielago » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:17 pm

This is a useful document on disinfection when reusing PAP equipment.

http://www.rmdassets.com/m_dev/nightpos ... -Guide.pdf
Murcielago

Postby dgb1891 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:34 pm

To those who are going the disposable route - Do you keep a lot of different masks on hand or do you just keep the ones that you know will work on hand and not letting the pt try several different masks before the titration?
dgb1891

Postby jerzey devil » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:57 pm

If you think going disposable is expensive, just wait until your facilty is dinged by the Dept of Health or Jcaho for improper cleaning or reuse of PATIENT CARE EQUIPMENT!!!
jerzey devil

Return to Managing a Sleep Lab