Audio Monitoring Kits

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, SCNVsleep, labman2

Audio Monitoring Kits

Postby ccsdc-dme » Fri May 06, 2016 11:31 pm

I am looking to replace some aging "Valet" brand audio monitoring kits. We also have the Garbage that comes standard with Alice 6 diagnostic equipment.

I have previously had good success with the older Louroe black systems but the stuff that Louroe is now dispensing is not that great.

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced, good sound quality, reliable system?
ccsdc-dme

Re: Audio Monitoring Kits

Postby somnonaut » Sat May 07, 2016 11:53 am

I also need advise on intercoms. Why are Louroue white units so bad?
somnonaut

Postby ccsdc-dme » Mon May 09, 2016 4:51 pm

I have experienced problems with the switches failing. Eventually, I had to give directions that the power/volume switch should never be turned off. Otherwise, over time, the switch would fail and need replaced.
ccsdc-dme

Postby somnonaut » Tue May 10, 2016 11:47 am

Thanks.
Do you know if it is faulty as the white button on the flat silver ASK boxes can get? I find those get temperamental so that only one corner becomes functional. The fidelity of the white vs silver units seem equal to me all other issues aside. Do you agree with that statement?
somnonaut

Postby ccsdc-dme » Tue May 10, 2016 5:54 pm

I am not following your question. I am not familar with a "Silver" Ask boxes. Only used the ASK-4 #501. I have also used the older black MODEL AP-1TB boxes. Those were bullet proof. Too bad they don't make them anymore.
The pricing I'm getting for the ASK-4 is around $500 per unit. Seems like alot. I tried going through a few different distributers to see about better pricing but they don't sell to the public.
ccsdc-dme

Return to Managing a Sleep Lab