qualty reporting

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, SCNVsleep, labman2

qualty reporting

Postby izzy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:08 pm

We do follow up phone calls on all of our CPAP patients at about 6 weeks to see in they received their CPAP machines. We ask questions on their hours of use . Where they satisfied with the DME.I have tried over the last 30 years to get usage info from the DME. Like I said 30 years in sleep -things change . With all of the HIPAA rules , insurance requirments with face to face with the Dr I don't know if I should continue these calls and risk a HIPAA violation. What does it matter if we call as the patient has to see the Dr face to face. Do you track this kind of info in your sleep center? thanks
izzy

Re: qualty reporting

Postby izzy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:53 am

on the same subject-quality measure. Does anyone monitor /measure the success of the titration? I was thinking the titrating techs could run a report (AHI)while they are titrating CPAP. With CMS having requirements on O2 qualifications, adequate pressure and when to split .thanks in advance for your feedback
izzy

Postby somnonaut » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:52 pm

izzy wrote:I was thinking the titrating techs could run a report (AHI)while they are titrating CPAP.

Is there no report from the CPAP study now? Not sure what kind of report you are looking for.
somnonaut

Postby izzy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:22 pm

Yes we have Cadwell easy 3 system .this is a report that would be used by the techs at night to help them with titration. also to document for CMS on O2 coverage. the AHI needs to BE REDUCES 10 EVENTS BEFORE o2 IS ADDED.
izzy

Postby somnonaut » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:09 pm

izzy wrote:on the same subject-quality measure. Does anyone monitor /measure the success of the titration? I was thinking the titrating techs could run a report (AHI)while they are titrating CPAP. With CMS having requirements on O2 qualifications, adequate pressure and when to split .thanks in advance for your feedback

Totally confused. You want to monitor/measure the success of the titration.
How would you do that What do you consider success of a titration?
Are you speaking of long term success, as in will the patient use it for X weeks/months, or do you mean the success in abolishing resp events within the PSG (which should be housed within the CPAP report)?
somnonaut

Postby izzy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:20 pm

hopefully success would be to reduce the AHI to 10 or less. I have seen a few times that the night staff could have- should have titrated a little higher. maybe they ran out of time ,that's a different problem that I plan to have their shift overlap the day shift so that they do not have to stop the study .
izzy

Postby somnonaut » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 am

Are there any rules in place as to when to apply CPAP? (eg. Do not apply within X hours before expected WT?) This would help that enough time is mostly always available, though not always casue we cannot guarantee that the patient will sleep once PAP is applied. That would a start. Then reviewing the technotes/log to see what the tech was thinking during the night. Is that performed? Is there rationale in place for step increases of pressure? # of events (eg 3) per time interval (eg 15min) increase PAP X amount (eg 2cm). Is that in the P&P manual? Not sure why this should be such an unknown.
somnonaut

Postby Vix » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:20 pm

We track titration success/quality using the AASM guidelines for optimal, good, adequate, and unacceptable.
http://www.aasmnet.org/Resources/clinicalguidelines/040210.pdf
Vix

Postby respbarb » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:34 pm

as do we
respbarb

Return to Managing a Sleep Lab