Sleepe1 wrote:Current tech:

RPSGT
$20 an hour
3 years Exp.
3:1 ratio
scores on the fly to completion
ISR 80-90%
positive patient satisfaction

If this tech can do it anyone can so anything less is an excuse!

Dinos beware!

3:1 ratio and your techs score all three for $20/hr ... yipes!
Gizmo

Postby RPSGT88athome » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Hmmmm...the techs who work for sleepe1 are on "salary" per sleepe1. So the $20/hr figure is not legitemate. Its most probably around $15/hr after they clock out and continue working.

RPSGT88
RPSGT88athome

Postby Sleepe1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:12 pm

RPSGT88athome wrote:Hmmmm...the techs who work for sleepe1 are on "salary" per sleepe1. So the $20/hr figure is not legitemate. Its most probably around $15/hr after they clock out and continue working.

RPSGT88

The actual base rate of pay is $42,000 and again they finish their work in the time allotted.
Sleepe1

Postby somnonaut » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Actually I would like to see a QA of the 3 studies scored by techs overnight and not tout ISR statistics from static samples of 200 epochs. And this QA should be performed by an independent agent, not you. I find discrepancies in my scoring overnight on 2 patients, I cannot imagine how bad 3 scorings will go. It defies all logic, and standards of care for the patient, and the recordings.
somnonaut

Postby Sleepe1 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:52 pm

somnonaut wrote:Actually I would like to see a QA of the 3 studies scored by techs overnight and not tout ISR statistics from static samples of 200 epochs. And this QA should be performed by an independent agent, not you. I find discrepancies in my scoring overnight on 2 patients, I cannot imagine how bad 3 scorings will go. It defies all logic, and standards of care for the patient, and the recordings.

We use the AASM ISR and also an internal ISR. Discrepancies will occur and the standard is 80% or greater. If we were seeing an ISR averages drop below the 80% level then we would address it. Currently it is not an issue.
Sleepe1

Postby RPSGT88athome » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:30 am

ISR is a misnomer because it is generally done on epochs pre assigned to all the same techs and a gold standard scorer. The techs know it is a test.

True ISR is to have the gold standard scorer retrospectively score blinded studies (already scored by the individual tech) then figure ISR statistics. That would show true error vs. agreement.

So whenever someone defends their techs' scoring by citing ISR statistics I know it really means nothing.

RPSGT88
RPSGT88athome

Postby Sleepe1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 am

RPSGT88athome wrote:ISR is a misnomer because it is generally done on epochs pre assigned to all the same techs and a gold standard scorer. The techs know it is a test.

True ISR is to have the gold standard scorer retrospectively score blinded studies (already scored by the individual tech) then figure ISR statistics. That would show true error vs. agreement.

So whenever someone defends their techs' scoring by citing ISR statistics I know it really means nothing.

RPSGT88

If it is satisfactory to the Medical Director than it is good enough.
Sleepe1

Postby RPSGT88athome » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:53 am

Dude that is not logical and means nothing.

RPSGT88
RPSGT88athome

Postby K-sey Complex » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:11 am

Jeezz.. this person has to be trying to be annoying.
K-sey Complex

Postby K-sey Complex » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:12 am

Comparing the ISR's to clinical studies is a joke.
K-sey Complex

ugh

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:52 am

Hey guys lets face it the good ole days are soon to be over. The days of 2 to 1 are drawing to a close. Our lab just went 3 to 1. Yes I hate it... Sometimes I even score them all on the fly. The studies are not my best for sure... but you have to stop thinking that healthcare is here to make a difference for the patient. It is all now Medicare cuts to save and cut cost to compensate for the 900 Billion Dollar deficit. Oh yeah and toss in some good ole greed...gotta pay for that sports car.
Those of you who work in the medicare-Ins compliance arena please chime in to the conversation.
Moving into compliance has opened my eyes its BAD. The sky isn't falling because its propped up with a weather beaten, termite eaten 2 X 4!!
TexasSleepguy

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 am

....and it isn't just sleep its all out patient services, and in patient.. they are going to have us jumping through hoops in a couple months just to get a buck .. more on it later...anyway for me to up load PDFs..
TexasSleepguy

;)

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:30 am

Hey Guys I just edited my post.. you know what/.. here is the real deal. The sleep field is changing, all HEALTHCARE is changing. Some for the better some are worse. Many labs are going to 3 to 1 and many already have.. before your panties bunch up just listen.
Big cuts are coming and there is a 29% cut coming really quick in what medicare will reimburse. The big 9 insurance companies have even more coming at us starting NOV 1 2012.

I have sat back for a long time now and read post and just watched. Many of you complain that 3 to 1 is not good patient care. I agree it isn't but you still have a job. You will still be able to pay your bills. If you do not like the 3 to 1 or you do not like the lower pay then leave the field.
A few techs have come to binary and have mentioned how low their pay is currently. They were met with disdain and belittled for actually working? Come on they are working. Lets face it more and more labs and Docs are paying less so they can get there new secretary New boobs, or their boy toy a new car. The dollar doesn't stretch like it did.. we all have to change.
There is currently a 900 Billion dollar Medicare deficit. Medicare has set some changes cut backs and ending some healthcare jobs starting 2013. Texas alone is on the hit list to lose 34,000 healthcare jobs.

You are lucky to have a job. Best advice keep your head down and work. Do the best dang job for your patients. Know that there are those out there in the background working to try and better the field. With their help we may recover someday.

While I am on the subject let me tell you about some of the workers that have made too many sacrifices.
Hold on to your skirt polyprincess your about to be outed.
For the past 7 years or so Polyprincess has worked feverishly behind the scenes with many of you here at binary.. no worries I will not out you as well. The commitment I have witnessed and been a part of has been staggering. Poly was busy on the phones, email article writing, screaming at state legislators etc. personally I know she and I were on the phone or meeting, for a good solid 6 years. Everyday working up information making sure we had not missed something trying to better our filed.
We spent our own money trying to push through and educate, beat on doors, anything trying to be heard. Well did it help? I would like to think so.. but to what avail.. bankruptcy, Divorce, foreclosure, severe decline in health. (BTW) anyone want a house they are auctioning of my house in Grayson county on Tuesday.
Until this moment did any of you know of the hardships some endured? Did any of us come on here and call you out for being stupid for not working harder to better the field? No!
So why are so many of you acting like Nurses and eating our young? Why are so many of you whining because others are working for less than you or scoring for less than you do.

If you have a job, good for you! If you don't like your job find another. If you are a 2 to 1 lab YEAH fantastic!! If you are a struggling 3 to 1 lab maybe it will get better.
We are pulling for you.. come ask your questions, come tell us how bad your pay sucks we will empathize with you and we will all start working more to make it better it should not be just people like Poly, Andrew, Stew...
TexasSleepguy

Postby springhillsleep2000 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:40 pm

I can definitely say that this comment isn't true with our practice:

"Docs are paying less so they can get there new secretary New boobs, or their boy toy a new car. "

Our doctors and clinic staff travel 45min to 1 1/2 hrs each way once to twice a week to see patients in the rural areas to generate revenue for the company to keep things afloat because of medicare and medicaid reimbursement.
springhillsleep2000

Postby RPSGT88athome » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:55 pm

hey quality boobs are expensive and dammit you have to buy each girl TWO of them

RPSGT88
RPSGT88athome

PreviousNext

Return to Salary Issues