Adequate pay for work?

Moderator: labman2

Postby springhillsleep2000 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 pm

RPSGT88athome wrote:hey quality boobs are expensive and dammit you have to buy each girl TWO of them

RPSGT88

can't they share? alternate weeks?
springhillsleep2000

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:14 pm

RPSGT88athome wrote:hey quality boobs are expensive and dammit you have to buy each girl TWO of them

RPSGT88

Thats what I am saying you can not buy just one dang.. you have to cut back so you can have to buy two!
TexasSleepguy

Postby RPSGT88athome » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:08 am

I just wish they were repossessable.

RPSGT88
RPSGT88athome

Postby Ksleepyhead » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:45 pm

6 Grand for boobs!! Too bad you can't buy one and get one half off. :shock:
Ksleepyhead

Postby somnonaut » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Should be sliding scale based on size.
somnonaut

Postby Onesight1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:33 am

MrBig wrote:Yeah, do that and enjoy not having a paycheck.

^ this.

they wont fire me but i know I wont be getting that raise. Labs are going broke where in my area.
Onesight1

Pay Rate

Postby sleepforfee » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:22 pm

We pay on a flat rate that is 260.00 per night with two patients per tech. It seems to be around the going rate in our area of Tennessee. Also that is considered a 12 hour shift.
sleepforfee

Re: Pay Rate

Postby K-sey Complex » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:41 pm

sleepforfee wrote:We pay on a flat rate that is 260.00 per night with two patients per tech. It seems to be around the going rate in our area of Tennessee. Also that is considered a 12 hour shift.

That's a weird way to pay an employee but depending on where you are located, that's really not that bad of pay. The $50,000 question is do you still pay $260.00 if only one patient shows? What if both patients no-show?

Just curious.
K-sey Complex

Good Question

Postby sleepforfee » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:39 pm

The day staff do a great job on trying to make sure everyone is confirmed for the night. With that said a no show is still real and the techs have a hot call sheet for patients that are willing to come in last minute. They try those and we couldn't dock the pay of our employees if they can't fill it. I always like to hear how other labs work.[/quote]
sleepforfee

Just keep swimming

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 am

If we have one pt we get our full nights pay, If I have 2 or 3 patients still same rate of pay. If no one shows up well I go home. If I have time in my PTO bank that can be used.
Pay rates are coming down some gang. This isn't because the Docs are cheap it is because healthcare is changing. The reimbursables are way down. Medicare is having to cut 716 Billion dollars in 8 to 9 years. This also does mean job cuts starting Jan 2013. Texas alone is cutting 34k jobs in Healthcare out patient services. So in the mean time folks keep your head down and under the radar.
TexasSleepguy

Re: Just keep swimming

Postby sleepforfee » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:59 pm

TexasSleepguy wrote:If we have one pt we get our full nights pay, If I have 2 or 3 patients still same rate of pay. If no one shows up well I go home. If I have time in my PTO bank that can be used.
Pay rates are coming down some gang. This isn't because the Docs are cheap it is because healthcare is changing. The reimbursables are way down. Medicare is having to cut 716 Billion dollars in 8 to 9 years. This also does mean job cuts starting Jan 2013. Texas alone is cutting 34k jobs in Healthcare out patient services. So in the mean time folks keep your head down and under the radar.

We are hoping that we can leave every thing the same for another year. We won't know for sure until we get a couple of months under our belt to see what changes are made in the private insurance sector. We are seeing the in home testing trying to get pushed on us even though everyone we have done have had to come in and have a full study so the insurance ends up paying more. I do hope that we can keep from affecting the lives of the techs that have put their dreams into the study of sleep and helping folks live a better life. The next few months will give us a better idea of what we will need to do to pay the bills. :?:
sleepforfee

Previous

Return to Salary Issues