State licensure fee in NJ

Postby jerzey devil » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:25 pm

maybe not the perfect forum except it involves MONEY

Initial license fee was 600.00,

Renewal this year is 500.00

:shock: :shock: :shock:
jerzey devil

Postby runyon » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:46 am

500 every two years.... Let me see the books.
runyon

Postby poopdeckpappy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:01 am

The initial cost included the $100 application fee. What a joke it is. I have an RT license and when I heard the cost of it I said no thanks, I'll just work under that. The board is such a joke. Go to the division of consumer affairs and look at their minutes. They cancel meetings more than they meet. They hardly post minutes unless a foil request is submitted. They provided false info about licensure that directly contradicted what they had stated in meeting minutes (and approved those minutes). I also blame the respiratory board since they are the ones who started the ball rolling by stating that non-RTs could not do cpap or provide oxygen. Once it was clear the RT board wasn't backing down I would have hoped the sleep folks would have caved and asked RT to join them to set licensing standards. The cost for an RT license is $120 or $160 every two years. (can't remember). One period it was at no cost due to a surplus of money. I really feel for you and others. The cost to have a separate board is the reason it's so high. Also, there are not that many licensed sleep techs in the state to spread the costs amongst. I think their estimates of how many would obtain licensure was inaccurate. They are now poised to allow rpsgt people enter as a technician rather than the current trainee. It seems they are looking to capture those who balked at paying $600 for their license.
poopdeckpappy

Re: State licensure fee in NJ

Postby Gpbayaka » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:39 am

I feel it's really great.
Gpbayaka

Return to Salary Issues