Just wondering

Moderator: labman2

Just wondering

Postby SleepyIdahoGirl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Just wondering if there were any new salary surveys or salary information. I've been thinking about asking for a raise but I wanted to make sure I wasn't asking for too much. I got registed in October 2011 and haven't had a pay raise since then besides a cost of living raise for the whole hospital.
I've seen the sleepreviewmag.com 2012 salary survey. Definitely below the averyage salary on that for my area. I wasn't sure the average length of sleep experience those techs had.
Thanks for any info!
SleepyIdahoGirl

Postby #42dreamweaver » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 pm

you cant compare blah blah blah in your state vs blah blah blah in another state. do you work in blah blah blah or a blah blah blah , are registered blah blah blah, how many years have you blah blah blah, do you score at night as well blah blah blah blah. is your institution in a budget blah blah blah........ that about sums it up
#42dreamweaver

Postby bduce » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 pm

And that's how 42 charms his way into pay raises. Check on AAST they do sell salary survey data with information by state, institution etc. my suggestion would be to look at that and then develop your strategy.
bduce

Postby SleepyIdahoGirl » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 am

Obviously I know you can't compare salaries very well across the country and take into account time in field, education, etc.
Just curious about new information and also if it was normal for people to get pay raises regularly just for doing their job.
Thanks I'll look into the AAST survey
SleepyIdahoGirl

Return to Salary Issues