Do you get a night time differential pay rate?

Moderator: labman2

Do you get a night time differential pay rate?

Postby sleepyhead_red » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:35 am

I have heard of some hospitals paying more then $3 additional for working midnights. Of course, I work for a sleep company, so they do not offer any night time differential. Just wondering if its the norm to be getting a differential for working midnights.
sleepyhead_red

Postby Mandy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:36 pm

Every night shift employee at the hospital I currently work at receives an additional $2.75/hr for working nights. At another hospital I worked in, the night shift differential was 15% of the employees base pay.
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

Postby TexasSleepguy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:27 pm

at last hospital it was 4$ if employees were registerd ie.. RN, REEGT, RRT, or RPSGT. At this hospital it is 10% of base pay.
TexasSleepguy

Postby sleeptechjoe » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:19 am

I get $1.25 for the time I am working what is considered an "off shift". This consists of anytime between 10pm-5am, so I typically get ~ 8hrs/night on the extra pay rate.
sleeptechjoe

differential pay

Postby TwinSmoke » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:30 am

Every night shift employee in the hospital that I work at gets an additional one dollar shift diff for nights and a dollar fifty for weekends. In the lab part of the hospital, our shift diff is "included in our salary" and we are the only department in the hospital that doesn't get weekend diff. It is aggrivating and I know that the hospital is taking advantage of us, it is only a matter of time before I open my own lab and pay my employees what they should be making.
TwinSmoke

Return to Salary Issues