Shortage in the west?

Moderator: labman2

Shortage in the west?

Postby SinCity Sleep » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:38 am

Throughout my personal circle of friends, former co-workers, etc., lately, it is often mentioned that there is a drastic shortage of sleep tech's in the western states, such as Nevada, Arizona, and California. I often hear that many of these stand-alone clinics are offering something near 25-30$ an hour for just a PSGT and this is expected to continue for the next year or two. I still have not found such a clinic as of yet, though am continuing my search. However, the more I hear of such things, the more I am starting to believe this is true. To further this theory, our lab (Las Vegas) itself has failed to find a technition that is scoring competent for nearly the last year. Has anyone heard of such clinics with these drastic shortages of sleep personnel, that they are willing to fork over such rates? I am really starting to wonder if these statements are factual. I figure someone who resides in a few of the states mentioned above must surely be able to confirm these 'theories'. :-k
SinCity Sleep

Postby SCNVsleep » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:47 pm

We have two labs in the Phoenix metro area and are having a HELL of a time finding techs and leads. We have started to look out of state for staff.
SCNVsleep

Hmmmmm...

Postby SinCity Sleep » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:57 am

Thats another thing I've been hearing, so it must be true. I hear everyone is beginning to look out of state for help with sleep personell or others are beginning to fork over major bucks. What the hell is going on here, like I said before, we are in the same position over here in Vegas. If anyone is able to find one of these clinics willing to pay 3 times the normal running rate, let me know. I think it would be worth the move for a year or two to bring in $30 an hour, hell, thats about what I make running Over Time. ](*,)
SinCity Sleep

Return to Salary Issues