Salary for starting sleep tech

Moderator: labman2

Salary for starting sleep tech

Postby northsidesandman » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:22 am

I graduated college in May of this year, and started out at a hospital as a PSGT at $18.50 hr. Is that wage in the ball park for a starting sleep person with a CRT?
northsidesandman

Postby sleep for thought » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:27 am

That's pretty good for having no experience. Did you just graduate from a respiratory Therapy program? You need to ask the human resources department what the range is for your job pay scale is.
sleep for thought

New sleep tech salary

Postby northsidesandman » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:33 am

Yes, I graduated with a BS in Respiratory Care. I just wondered, I thought it was a pretty good starting wage. I also subcontract out setting up cpap and bipap machines for $80 a set up. I like that job! Thanks for the reply
northsidesandman

Postby sleep for thought » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:49 am

Are you planning to get your Registry in Respiratory Therapy?

If you are ( which I would highly recommend while all that K-nowledge is fresh in your head) you should be eligible for another increase in wage!!!

Check your Human Resources department to see if you are eligible for another pay raise. Getting that RRT will really increase you stock on the job market for the future!!!!!

Good Luck!
sleep for thought

Postby Showmesleep » Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:22 am

That is a good starting wage for a RPSGT with light experience, and a very generous wage for a psgt. (Do keep the psgt in lowercase around here...the caps are reserved for the big dogs and could cause some heated discussions) :)
I am from the midwest, however, so perhaps the pay scale here is much lower.
Showmesleep

Postby clubted » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:12 am

Is $80 per setup on CPAP considered normal? What do techs make who work for DME's and do the therapy and setup for cpap compared to working in a sleep lab. I am currently in school studying Respiratory Care and have been contemplating my options...

Thanks,

Ted
clubted

pay

Postby crmcpsgt1 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:40 am

Good starting salary with no experience.... $14.5 Reg Eligible w/o exp. in my area

$50/ set-up CPAP :roll: [/img][/list][/list]
crmcpsgt1

Postby northsidesandman » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:46 am

TED I think it all depends on what part of the country you live in. In the Buckeye state, you can get 80-125 for a cpap set up in a private lab. I worked for a DME company when I was a student and made 15.90 to check 02 concentrators in nursing homes and set up CPAPS. It just depends on what kind of gig you can get into.
northsidesandman

??

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:42 am

Techs with Zero Exp. can start out at 8.25 per hour but this is an OJT postion. Techs with the education can start out at 12.00 per hr. if you will work PRN on the floor as an RT you can start out around 14.00 per hr with the shift diff.RPSGT and RPSGTwith the RRT or RPSGT with R.EEGT are not paid differently due to the fact you do the same job in the lab. You would have to do RT work on the floor for the XTRA pay. we are a low paying area.
TexasSleepguy

Return to Salary Issues