APT salary survey

Moderator: labman2

APT salary survey

Postby Mandy » Sat Mar 22, 2003 10:41 pm

Has anyone purchased or reviewed the newest salary survey from the APT? If so, would you please post some feedback about it :?: :)
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

Info from the APT

Postby Mandy » Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:29 am

Since no one responded to my post, it leads me to believe that not many of us have access to the APT survey. I finally ordered it (cost is $100) and thought I'd share some of the information it contains. :D

Out of 2,980 suveys that were mailed out, 852 usable surveys were returned and the results were compiled from those.

Directly from the survey report:

Respondents across all job titles reported an average salary of $1508 for a two-week period, which is a 9% increase over the typical salary in 1996. Mean two-week compensation also increased from 1996 levels for respondents with the following job functions:

* Staff Technologists by 7.1% to $1290
* Coordinator/Lead Technologists by 9.1% to $1473
* Directors/Supervisors by 13.4% to $1774

Respondents with the RPSGT credential typically earned $160 more over a two-week period than those without the RPSGT credential.
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

Thanks

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:03 am

Thnk you for the information :D
TexasSleepguy

Re: Info from the APT

Postby Ripvanwinkle » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:20 am

Mandy wrote: Since no one responded to my post, it leads me to believe that not many of us have access to the APT survey. I finally ordered it (cost is $100) and thought I'd share some of the information it contains. :D

APT charges $100.00 for the survey results? & I thought the AARC sucked.
Ripvanwinkle

Postby sleep for thought » Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:07 pm

Hi Mandy- :D

Are those salary figures based on a 36 or 40 hour week?
sleep for thought

Postby Mandy » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:49 am

I can remember wondering the same thing so I don't think the survey stated how many hours it was based on. I sure do hope they were based on a 36 hour work week but since it included supervisors, it may have been a 40 hour work week or they may have combined the salary figures for an average :?:

My original post is almost a year old and I have since filed the survey away somewhere. I'll see if I can find it again and post some more info here.
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

Mandy...

Postby somnonaut » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:35 am

Just a friendly heads up, in that if the APT counts on revenue from selling the salary survey, I am not to sure they would take kindle having its content freely available. Plus, its contents are copyrighted.
somnonaut

Postby Mandy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:18 am

You know what Somnonaut, I never gave that a thought! :shock: Maybe one of the moderators should delete the info I already shared a year ago.... what do you think?
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

on second thought...

Postby Mandy » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:41 pm

My husband said that I didn't do anything wrong since 1) I'm not trying to sell their info from the salary survey and 2) I didn't scan the entire survey and post it here. I only included a very small portion of the survey.

There's obviously a lot of interest since there's been over 500 views on this topic so far so it's up to Andrew or the moderators to delete this entire thread if they think that's necessary.
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

Re: Mandy...

Postby sleepadmin » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:22 pm

somnonaut wrote:Just a friendly heads up, in that if the APT counts on revenue from selling the salary survey, I am not to sure they would take kindle having its content freely available. Plus, its contents are copyrighted.

The fair use clause would apply here. "Copyright" does not mean people are excluded from making reasonable quotes from your material for educational or satirical purposes. Only a couple figures were quoted, and this site is here for educational purpose, and is not profiting from the quote. Furthermore, the APT would be hard pressed to prove that this quote has caused a dent in their profits from the sale of these results.
sleepadmin
Admin

Return to Salary Issues