Salary for Scoring records?

Moderator: labman2

Postby bduce » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Mate I am aiming at all sides.
User avatar
bduce
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:27 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby somnonaut » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:23 pm

RPSGT88athome wrote:You and Somno are not the "authorities" on how to conduct SLEEP.

RPSGT88


And neither are you, thank goodness.
User avatar
somnonaut
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14160
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:03 pm
Location: http://tinyurl.com/righteousdude

Postby somnonaut » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 pm

#42dreamweaver wrote:
RPSGT88athome wrote:
somnonaut wrote:I am curious why K-sey's lab has two doctors review each study.

RPSGT88


Let me answer that one 88, and its a shame you dont know the answer, as my examples clearly show that even a kid can answer that question....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D31q036 ... ata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0FL1Az ... ata_player


That is funny right there.
User avatar
somnonaut
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14160
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:03 pm
Location: http://tinyurl.com/righteousdude

Postby somnonaut » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:28 pm

88,
If you would be so kind as to take 5 random screen shots of the video that ANC was scoring and post. I am sure you will see the sinus arrhythmia prevalent throughout, and the possible PACs.
Just sayin...I think I recall him verbalizing that there is no EKG issues.
User avatar
somnonaut
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14160
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:03 pm
Location: http://tinyurl.com/righteousdude

Postby bduce » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:33 pm

Somno. Just stop. All of you. Stop. I am guessing that you all do not see the irony in this argument about professional standards in scoring, namely that you have all hit the heights in professionalism in discussing this topic. You're all like the kids in school assembly when they want to be the last to clap. Get over it. Move on. Agree to disagree. Yada yada.
User avatar
bduce
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:27 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby K-sey Complex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 pm

You are correct, bduce. We have wasted a lot of time trying to convince the staff of this lab that a separate ECG review is not a waste of time but they have defended that their abilities do not require the extra safety measure. Trying to convince otherwise was indeed a waste.

I have a challenge for that crew though. The next time you are setting up a patient, ask that pt a question. First tell them that techs at some labs take a few minutes to review the channel that cardiac abnormalities show up in, focusing only on looking for those abnormalities. Then tell them that you are so skilled in reviewing that channel at the same time you review other channels that you do not need to take that same safety measure.
Then ask them which they would prefer... "Would you rather I check your heart for abnormalities while I'm looking at few other things, or would you rather I do a double check for abnormalities concentrating only on your heart?"

Then come back and tell us what their answer was.
User avatar
K-sey Complex
Senior Member
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:17 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Postby K-sey Complex » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Remember bduce, many people here have been a part of a looooong discussion deemed a waste of time by others. Because I have I don't feel I have the right to tell someone else not to do it.
User avatar
K-sey Complex
Senior Member
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:17 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Postby bduce » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:28 am

K-sey you may have a different value system and you are entitled to it. I like to think that I try to reflect and learn from experience.

I am not saying that I am some how holier than thou but seems that an outside perspective is required as you guys are mired in an argument that is not reflecting well on anybody. That being said the rationale of "other people have done it too" is no basis to continue don't you think. Not as it slowly gotten quite personal at times.

Isn't that relevant? If everybody here is so intent on having the last word - where will it get you?
User avatar
bduce
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:27 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby K-sey Complex » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:34 am

Some consider it getting in the last word, some consider it trying hard to prove their point. At some point someone will realize that the opposing side will never see your point and then stop trying. At some point.
But I beg to differ on the both sides looking bad point. I only see one side looking bad. The other side is doing what should be done for their patients.
User avatar
K-sey Complex
Senior Member
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:17 am
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

Postby bduce » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 am

Sorry I do see repeating the same arguments for the last 6-7 pages quite differently. To me, nobody has delivered any new cogent argument to support their side in the last 6-7 pages. Just variations on a previous theme.

That to me is not necessarily trying hard to prove a point. Finding some empirical data would.

It is a bit analogous to ResMed and Respironics shouting out how much superior each of their products are. Fine, but lay some new data on the table.

Just for the record, I do not degree with some of the assertions made on the other side but that there would need to be more data to prove some of my opinions on quality in PSG.
User avatar
bduce
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:27 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby somnonaut » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:40 am

bduce wrote:That to me is not necessarily trying hard to prove a point. Finding some empirical data would.


This is why I kindly asked for the screen shots. Empirical evidence. I could not make it out clearly, and I will trust him that he actually takes screen shots of the case in question.
User avatar
somnonaut
Senior Member
 
Posts: 14160
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:03 pm
Location: http://tinyurl.com/righteousdude

Postby somnus diabolus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 am

It might be difficult to do Somno. We are in the process of switching to a tape sent to Iron Mountain for storage of Archived studies.
User avatar
somnus diabolus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: North Carolina

Postby somnus diabolus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:38 am

somnus diabolus wrote:......Until then, I'm done with this thread
I then proceeded to post 5 more times. :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
somnus diabolus
Senior Member
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 am
Location: North Carolina

Postby tiredjohnny1 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:15 am

somnonaut wrote:
bduce wrote:That to me is not necessarily trying hard to prove a point. Finding some empirical data would.


This is why I kindly asked for the screen shots. Empirical evidence. I could not make it out clearly, and I will trust him that he actually takes screen shots of the case in question.


I tried to upload some screen shots demonstrating some of the points discussed but binary does not allow posting jpg files currently. (dont know why)
User avatar
tiredjohnny1
Senior Member
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:58 pm
Location: Florida

Postby cloverdizzle » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 am

I'll chime back in. What probably frustrates a lot of us is the lackadaisical approach in the video. Some of us take our jobs seriously because this is our career. In the same hypocritical breath, we all have a study here and there we can cruise through with little action required. We all have it in us to bitch though. Plus I like complaining :D It's definitely easier for me to take out my work related frustrations on ANC than my director.
User avatar
cloverdizzle
Member
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:07 am
Location: TX

PreviousNext

Return to Salary Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest