Raises

Moderator: labman2

Raises

Postby RayMeece » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:44 am

Another thread asked about pay ranges and y'all answered pretty good. But, I am also wondering what kind of raises are given? When I was at the hospital, it was from 2-4%. Now, though, in a free-standing, we have only been getting 50 cents an hour raise.

My question: how does this compare across the country/world, and from what region/state are you?
RayMeece

Raises

Postby SouthernSleep » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:11 pm

The lab I formerly worked at had a 0-4% raise annually based on
performance. Most techs received 3-4% of their base salary which was from $19-$26/hr before shift differentials.

Technicians were also given a "pay grade" increase when they obtained
their RPSGT credential which usually ended up being $1 to $2 more an
hour (depending on how many years exp. they previously had)
SouthernSleep

Postby SleepySue » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:33 am

4% usually once a year when the budget is approved...but who knows what it will be next year! I guess you would consider this a cost of living raise, but we also have had % increases based onour hourly wage.
Last edited by SleepySue on Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SleepySue

Postby Mandy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:33 am

We get a "cost of living" raise at the beginning of every year and for the past five years, it's been 2% of our base pay. We were pleasantly surprised recently when we all received a 6% raise :!: :D
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

Postby sleep for thought » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:41 am

Our hospital gives a cost of living raise which has been 3-4% of basepay over the last 3 years 8)
sleep for thought

Postby Mandy » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:51 pm

That sounds about right since 3-4% is what the average cost of living increases are each year.

I forgot to mention that six years ago (shortly before I started working for my current employer) the hospital gave absolutely no raises and they quickly realized what a perilous mistake that was. They ended up losing a lot of good employees and in the long run, that cost the hospital more than if they just would of given everyone a raise. :roll:

I'm curious as to how many of you get a raise twice a year ... a cost of living raise and also a performance evaluation raise. My husband works at a different hospital than me and they do that and the hospital I used to work for in Texas did the same.
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

Postby SouthernSleep » Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:41 pm

Both cost of living and a performance based pay raise were given. But we
can't always depend on the cost of living raise. It was given the last two years, but we do not expect one this year.
SouthernSleep

Wow.. thanks for the input

Postby RayMeece » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:32 am

Last year, we got a 50 cent raise. That amounts to about 2.7%. I can see we need to ask for more this year! At other labs I was in, a 2-4% was normal.

You mentioned a RPSGT raise. At a previous lab, it was about $2.75/hour. Here, it is only $1.00. Glad I am already registered!

My annual evaluation is coming up, and I wanted to know what was customary across the boaard. Thanks for letting me know.
RayMeece

Postby TwinSmoke » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:54 am

Our raises consist of a 2-4 percent raise hike annualy, the first eval I recieved a 2% increase, the second eval I recieved a 3 percent increase and for a 4 percent increase pretty much means that you have to be able to walk on water. Although it is easier to reach a 4 percent raise once registered. And for the record, our base rate is 16 an hour. So concidering where I live, that's pretty much useless.
TwinSmoke

Return to Salary Issues