RAISE WITH RPSGT

Moderator: labman2

Postby STACEY » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:32 pm

Wow. what a raise. It makes me believe you were on the low end of the pay scale or... you are FABULOUS and really appreciated. Great job.

I did ask my Manager and she said that nobody in the hospital gets a raise for a change in their credentials. Well, at least I tried and I am looking at all options. Thanks to everyone on their feedback so far!!!
STACEY

Postby WAVE » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:25 pm

STACEY I would go to HR dept and ask them, it may be there is a freeze due to economy. We have lost some benifits for that very reason. none the less, I would innocently inquire with the HR department before I took the sups final word.
WAVE

pay raise

Postby hawk2E » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:06 am

I came in as a RRT almost 5 years ago. I passed the RPSGT exam and got a $4.00 per hr. raise...part of which was a faux paux between sleep management and human resources. Hey, I took it...now am making a very comfortable wage, but I feel since I help my manager with training, trouble shooting, supply orders and scheduling--I am worth it. Also, I hold the double credential--not imperative, but definitely helpful. Thanks.
hawk2E

pay raise

Postby hawk2E » Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:40 am

If you add a credential and DON'T get a raise--look for a higher paying job. Respbarb is a rare exception in the sleep field with FOUR credentials...I feel. No hard feelings Barb.
hawk2E

Pay Increase

Postby joshuaeshore » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:00 am

I sure did, like 2.50 an hr at my full time gig, then 8.00 at my prn gig. I would definatly say something to your supervisor.!
joshuaeshore

Postby knightshift » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:50 am

I just got my RPSGT (waiting on certificate in the mail) and am currently at $20.54/hr ($3) shift diff. My manager agreed to pay me $1.50 more when I passed my exam when I was offered the job.
I expect to go to roughly $22/hr before shift diff. as a registered tech.

Does that seem right? I've got 7yrs experience (2 in sleep, 5 in a related field).
knightshift

Pay raise

Postby goudasleep » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:58 am

Knightshift, you ask, "does that seem right?" It is a very hard question to answer. You are probably in a hospital, with a $3 shift differential. That alone is something that few IDTF employees have. The question of "correct pay" and "average pay" has been flogged all over this site, with questionaires and google links included. I am probably wrong, but I THINK the average national pay for RPSGT, outside of very high cost of living areas, is about $23-$25 an hour. I know labs that pay a lot more, and a lot less. I said average. I don't know much about the NW pay, Mr. Big & some others could give more perspective. But it sounds like you're doing okay. Many of us would do this for less if we had to. Am I right? Am I right? C'mon, everybody, group hug!
goudasleep

Postby knightshift » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:28 am

Hi Gouda,

Yes, I'm in a hospital and I think I'm being paid fairly - of course I would like more, but I will renegotiate when it comes time for my evaluation/raise. My raise hasn't come through yet - still waiting on the certificate. We are in the process of getting accredited and I'm planning to push for a raise following accreditation or a promotion which would give a more substantial pay increase.

Either way, I enjoy my career and the company I work for. I've never been happier in a job.

Thanks for the feedback gouda!
knightshift

Postby efflorescing » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:20 pm

I got $3/hour raise, as promised when I got hired. I am delighted! I love my job. :)
efflorescing

Postby Sleepy in the South » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:36 am

Just passed my test, now I get my 15% raise.

whoooot whooot \:D/
Sleepy in the South

Postby thesleepwhisperer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:44 am

Congrats Sleepy!! =D>

Now take that 15% raise and buy lots of stuff to help the economic crisis this country is having.... :wink:
thesleepwhisperer

Postby Elwood Snuzzzz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:54 am

Glad to hear the Sleepy one passed the exam. I wish I got more than a size`10 loafer in the butt when I passed.
Elwood Snuzzzz

Re: Reality hits hard

Postby unclenut » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:03 am

stage0 wrote:Well. Stacy It is an employer market now. I have friends that only received an atta-boy (or girl)...not even a reinbursment for expenses. It is a lousy situation. But I agree with ev1 else, in that a passing of the test is an automatic raise. Two years ago I received a 2 buc an hour raise; but no reinbursement.

dude, you really need to pick a different avatar; one that no one else already uses...
unclenut

Postby "Montana Slim" » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 am

Mo Money

Mo Money

Mo Money \:D/
"Montana Slim"

Postby Mdhall_23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:30 am

hlrobbir wrote:I did not receive a raise. I was told that technicians are now required to take AND pass the exam. No reward for doing so, even though I am paid way below other RPSGT's in our lab...not to mention that raises were given prior to me passing my boards. Frustrating, yes...but what are you going to do?
Mdhall_23

PreviousNext

Return to Salary Issues