Pay for scoring sleep techs

Moderator: labman2

Postby somnonaut » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 am

That is why a lab should be doing more DAY studies (Shift workers) and NAP-PAPS and CPAP desensitisation interventions during the day. There should be a full compliment of acquisition techs for night and day and then scoring techs (both on at night and day) with the QI control and fresh eyes to look at the studies from the previous 12 hours.
somnonaut

Postby countnsheep » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:37 am

I do not know how much I always trust some of the online resources that give pay rate estimates. I have noticed some areas to be inaccurate on career builders salary calculator, for instance. But as a rule of thumb, if you feel you are underpaid, then by all means you should ask for more. Do your homework and have your reasons that will make it undisputable and then go get 'em.
countnsheep

Re: Pay Rate

Postby cjsabatini » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:27 pm

angiebennett wrote:Ok everyone, I know this question has been asked, asked, asked, and asked again. It has also been answered, answered, and answered again. I am asking to get a direct answer or I should say replay for myself. I am a RPSGT, registered since 06/2009, almost a year. I been working in the sleep ,industry, world, life, in/or medicine (however you phrase it in your world) for almost seven (7) years. I have been working with my current estabishment (hospital) for almost a year (April 20 will be a year). I started out as a PRN staff member and advanced to fulltime (only after they realized they had to have a fulltime RPSGT to get accreditation). The hospital now has accreditation. Anyway, they are asking me to take on the responsibility of scoring. I have no problem with taking on responsibility, so long as I receive the pay. The hospital is telling me it is part of the Sleep Technician job discriptions. The hospital did not give me a raise when I passed the BRPT exam. I do all the scheduling (office coordinator), assist the sleep doctor with follow-up clinic, work as a Tech two nights a week and I fill in when the other Tech is sick (only a two bed Lab), and now they want me to score for the same pay ($23 an hour). I am stress and streched out at this hospital. I just need to know if I should ask for a raise and how much. I know it is a plus to have benefits but aren't I being taken for a long ride. I am their only registered Tech. How much should they be paying me? How much if I take on scoring? All advice will be greatly appreciated. I know it depends on area (location), I am in the South (Mississippi) we only have somewhere around a 106-110 or so registered Tech in the whole state.

How many do you score and report daily? how may do you supervise? how many EEG do you do? How many night shifts? your salary has been $23.00 per hour? only 2 beds? and your point is?
cjsabatini

Postby Ksleepyhead » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 am

Wow, after reading this thread...I have come to the conclusion that I'm am being underpaid! :shock:
Ksleepyhead

Postby claretalabs » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 am

(commercial advertisement removed by moderator )
claretalabs

Postby MrBig » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 pm

angiebennett wrote:Ok everyone, I know this question has been asked, asked, asked, and asked again. It has also been answered, answered, and answered again. I am asking to get a direct answer or I should say replay for myself. I am a RPSGT, registered since 06/2009, almost a year. I been working in the sleep ,industry, world, life, in/or medicine (however you phrase it in your world) for almost seven (7) years. I have been working with my current estabishment (hospital) for almost a year (April 20 will be a year). I started out as a PRN staff member and advanced to fulltime (only after they realized they had to have a fulltime RPSGT to get accreditation). The hospital now has accreditation. Anyway, they are asking me to take on the responsibility of scoring. I have no problem with taking on responsibility, so long as I receive the pay. The hospital is telling me it is part of the Sleep Technician job discriptions. The hospital did not give me a raise when I passed the BRPT exam. I do all the scheduling (office coordinator), assist the sleep doctor with follow-up clinic, work as a Tech two nights a week and I fill in when the other Tech is sick (only a two bed Lab), and now they want me to score for the same pay ($23 an hour). I am stress and streched out at this hospital. I just need to know if I should ask for a raise and how much. I know it is a plus to have benefits but aren't I being taken for a long ride. I am their only registered Tech. How much should they be paying me? How much if I take on scoring? All advice will be greatly appreciated. I know it depends on area (location), I am in the South (Mississippi) we only have somewhere around a 106-110 or so registered Tech in the whole state.

For where you are, and what you do, your pay is fine.
MrBig

Postby #42dreamweaver » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Wah wah wah.......... When I started in sleep, RPSGT's were hard to find and they were getting $75-125 to score studies. Fast forward to today, RPSGT's are a dime a dozen and scoring is being sent to India for some snake charmer to score on his lunch break. Be happy your working, especially in a hospital which tend to be safer than free standings in terms of job security.
#42dreamweaver

Previous

Return to Salary Issues