cpap store salary question... anyone?

Moderator: labman2

Postby Aloysius » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:24 am

MastaFunk wrote: I was drinking and bored lol & No offense meant to Red, just struck me wrong.

One should not be posting if he/she is drinking. no excuse...
Aloysius

Postby MastaFunk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:13 am

Sleepy in the South wrote:CPFT by MD? Did your MD certify you?

We have people who work in clinics also, they are called medical assistants. They do pretty much what you described. Our MAs in the neuro lab explains the test to patients, do all paperwork, check insurances, check the number of patients for data collections, schedule follow ups, fax reports to DME's all while checking in every patient with vitals, chief complaint etc. They bust their butts just like you. They make about $20/hr

Yes the M.D. signed off on me due to experience, all it take is her sig because of speciality and of course I still had to pass the exam. Everything you typed sounds like my normal day, like I stated I have came into this field bassackwards :lol: .
Due to my limited knowledge and lack of interest in Gen Med, my boss never made me deal with sickness, maybe do vitals and chief complaint, before an MA would relieve me. I was more of face man because people seem to really like me, esp seniors 50+ (I present healthy, very clean-cut and built).

whisperer, I learn very quickly too and accurately I am told, I am 34 and until I was 24 I was an owner of a construction/roofing business, so my schooling was business and math, so I am behind, I will have a long title eventually just had a late start.
My wife should me done w/ her NP school soon and I will be returning to school for RT, In the interim I will also be getting my Basic x ray, that I am studying for now, seems like easy stuff & just a test. I want to know everything, but I have a natural talent for ancillary type things and people/kids seem to like me (no idea why lol 8) ).

And if I can't drink, I wont come here no more. j/k, I don't drink often because I have that Irish mean streak that pokes out a bit, I am much better than I used to be, it's just in the blood. I usually avoid anything that's non-public social ie: forums, I read waaaay to far into things.

ps: sure am glad I type fast hehe, and really sorry, this thread is waay off track, IMHO there should be an "Introduce Yourself" section so people can get to know newcomers w/o doing it through other peoples threads, esp someone as odd as me :)
MastaFunk

Postby Sleepy in the South » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:15 pm

Watch out for that somnonaut guy, he can be very blunt..........but he knows his stuff.
Sleepy in the South

Postby StephenC » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Only advice I could give you Mastafunk, stop trying so hard in here. It gets sorted out who is who pretty quickly in the posts. My MD loves me, I'm a kick ass MA, and EVERYBODY loves me ain't worth a hill of beans on binary.
StephenC

Postby MastaFunk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:17 pm

StephenC wrote:Only advice I could give you Mastafunk, stop trying so hard in here. It gets sorted out who is who pretty quickly in the posts. My MD loves me, I'm a kick ass MA, and EVERYBODY loves me ain't worth a hill of beans on binary.

lol ... read before typing and psychoanalyzing me please, no superego here. & Certainly not an MA (don't like icky stuff), all else is true :P :P :P (j/k)
MastaFunk

Postby StephenC » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:07 pm

MastaFunk wrote:
StephenC wrote:Only advice I could give you Mastafunk, stop trying so hard in here. It gets sorted out who is who pretty quickly in the posts. My MD loves me, I'm a kick ass MA, and EVERYBODY loves me ain't worth a hill of beans on binary.

lol ... read before typing and psychoanalyzing me please, no superego here. & Certainly not an MA (don't like icky stuff), all else is true :P :P :P (j/k)

I'm not psychoanalyzing you, if I was doing that I would say something like, "You have a need for recognition and positive reinforcement by the people around you to support your self image and compensate for possible confidence deficiencies." May not be accurate, I'm not a doctor, that's why I didn't do it. :wink:

I read and gave you my impression of what you have written, but I'll try another way, this time scenario based.
I work at an auto repair business as the sales representative and mechanic to customer liaison. My primary job function is to see to the day to day administrative and logistical needs of the technical staff and explain and sell the repairs the mechanics recommend for the customer's vehicle. In this capacity I have learned about automotive repair and diagnostic however I have never actually fixed an automobile. But, because of my intimate interaction with the mechanics and glowing personality, I believe I can be thought of as a mechanic myself.

But again, not saying this is really you, I could be WAY off in left field, just giving you my impression.

Oh, I second the part about not angering the Somnonaut, he's kinda rough. :D

Welcome to Binary Sleep, it really isn't to bad here and everybody knows your name.
StephenC

Postby somnonaut » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Stephen did you miss type?

Hey, I ain't that mean. I think LG is wayyyyy worse. And that mate from Aussieland is real ball buster. Rick has calmed down of late, and Neil is still settling in at Braebon, its just that I got the biggest mouth...sometimes. Now if you REALLY want to know who the most ascerbic of the posters is, go ask SCNV. NOW THERE IS ONE SARCASTIC DUDE.
somnonaut

Postby StephenC » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:56 pm

somnonaut wrote:Stephen did you miss type?

Now Somno, are you trying to push my buttons? Don't you know it's friday and I still have scoring to do! :evil:

somnonaut wrote:...its just that I got the biggest mouth...sometimes.

You do talk alot, come to think of it, I was about to send you a PM telling you to shut up. :lol: <-- That was a joke people.

You really need to come to San Antonio for the big thing.

ANYWAY...
Back to topic, the DME's that I know really live off of the commission, none will disclose exactly what that rate is, but if I were going into DME I would make finding that out priority number 1. As to base rate, I'd ask for salary at 40K, but that's just me.
StephenC

Postby sleepguy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 pm

somnonaut wrote:

Stephen did you miss type?

Hey, I ain't that mean. I think LG is wayyyyy worse. And that mate from Aussieland is real ball buster. Rick has calmed down of late, and Neil is still settling in at Braebon, its just that I got the biggest mouth...sometimes. Now if you REALLY want to know who the most ascerbic of the posters is, go ask SCNV. NOW THERE IS ONE SARCASTIC DUDE.

Good thing us old farts mellow with age - like fine wines instead of some cheeses that just get nastier over time. It's Friday. It's a beautiful sunny afternoon. Think I'm going to invoke an mandatory official REM Friday. Drinks on my deck in 1 hour. Do not be late. Do not quaff any crappy macrobrews or cheap booze.
sleepguy

Postby Aloysius » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:31 pm

uhh...
Aloysius

Postby Aloysius » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:34 pm

MastaFunk wrote:And if I can't drink, I wont come here no more. j/k, I don't drink often because I have that Irish mean streak that pokes out a bit, I am much better than I used to be, it's just in the blood. I usually avoid anything that's non-public social ie: forums, I read waaaay to far into things.

Oh, the Irish thing. I have the same problem. I take back what I said, good excuse... :wink:
Aloysius

Postby crossjohn98 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:48 am

When speaking of salary in cpap or in other companies would be confidential. I don't think if they will tell exactly.
crossjohn98

Postby crossjohn98 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:50 am

I wouldn't mind if cpap employee would tel their salaries.

medical supplies
crossjohn98

Postby somnonaut » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:01 am

MastaFunk wrote:Irish mean streak that pokes out a bit

Is that the same as the "Irish curse"

Thank you, thank you, I am here all week, please remember you waitresses and bartenders.
somnonaut

Postby MrBig » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:36 am

MastaFunk wrote:In this area here are far more shady things happening in the Medical field han most admit.

I can see that now.
MrBig

PreviousNext

Return to Salary Issues