Nox T3 durability issues

Nox T3 durability issues

Postby bsvoboda » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Anyone else having the plastic crack around battery door and face of device at corners?

We have 16 devices in use in our 4 locations, half are two years old and other half are just over a year old. The ones that are 2 yrs old are having some issues. Four of the devices have significant plastic failure all centered around end of device near battery door. One has both plastic "prongs/slots chipped away at battery door end, and two others with one of the slots missing. Two of those also have developed cracks extending from outer edge of battery compartment diagonally to corner of LCD display screen. Others are displaying small "chips" where plastic is beginning to wear.

We use SaniCloth wipes on all parts after each use. Company offered to let us pay $1500 each to replace out of warranty as we did not want to spend $400 each for annual extended warranty.

Love the software and ease of use, not impressed with durability.

Why cant they just take "guts" of a device and place into new housing?
Also make battery door area stronger by maybe imbedding metal wear surfaces to enhance durability.
bsvoboda

Re: Nox T3 durability issues

Postby bsvoboda » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:34 am

So information: After complaining to Nox instead of Carefusion, They confirmed that the product was changed in Feb tgis year to a different formulation of plastic and strengthened the end with the battery door.

For around $500 each they will replace the case for out of warranty devices. You have to ship to Iceland though....

The new devices do not have a silver microphone cover on top edge of device.

Bret
bsvoboda

Postby somnonaut » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:51 am

Hi Brett,

Does their software require a license dongle? If not, is there any way to download their software?

Happy Thanksgiving
somnonaut

Postby fp » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:24 pm

You may be able to do this if you register on the nox medical website. I know we got a cd when we bought the kit which had the software on it and to get the software updates we just go to there website ( the downloads section). I don't remember having to enter any special codes or anything like that. If you have no joy when you register with there website then maybe email them directly and ask if they have a demo. They are usually very helpful.
fp

Postby somnonaut » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Hey, thanks for suggestion. Registering does allow one to download the full working copy of the software. And this software DOES import EDF files, which is what I was after all along.
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:16 pm

I was incorrect in that you need an EDF license to opne EDF files within the Noxturnal software. Dagnabbit.
somnonaut

Postby RayMeece » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:26 am

somnonaut wrote:I was incorrect in that you need an EDF license to opne EDF files within the Noxturnal software. Dagnabbit.

Wowwweeeee. I am flabbergasted. Are you saying you were.... (wait for it)...... WRONG?!?!?!?!? The world is coming to an end. LOL

Anyway, glad you fessed up to it. LOL
RayMeece

Postby somnonaut » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 pm

I have been wrong before. There is the long bit depth thread that I was incorrect in, as well as Vix has shown me up a time or two or three. Also others.
somnonaut

Postby RayMeece » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:48 am

LOL yeah I know. Just that it is so rare for you, whereas, I seem to be shot down every other post. Oh well, enough said.
RayMeece

Return to SensorMedics/Nicolet (Viasys)