Trouble with Headbox

Trouble with Headbox

Postby Eppi » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:19 pm

We are using Carefusion's Somnostar 9.1g in our lab. We upgraded our system about 6 months ago and we have had nothing but trouble since. We have had to replace numerous headboxes in the past 6 months due to inputs that have "gone bad". Troublshooting consists of everything from changing electrodes to changing the patient cable, but nothing works until we change out the headbox. Carefusion has replaced the headbox's under warranty, but send us refurbished boxes to replace them. The problem continues to happen frequently (sometimes twice a week) and I am at my wits end. We have taken the advice from Carefusion and had a company come in to do an electrical line test. But that has not shown any electrical abnormalities as of yet, and we continue to have the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem with Carefusion or any other type of sleep equipment? Any suggestions?
Eppi

Postby bduce » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Why not rollback the upgrade and see what happens? I am of course assuming that it is a software and not a hardware upgrade. Although with a different system, I have done similar as a diagnostic tool. I have rolled back the version on one workstation and kept the update on the others and document the problems associated with each.

I find that they sometimes do not beta test enough prior to release or they beta test on a single computer, which may for some reason have the right configuration to accept the upgrade whereas any slight change in configuration will release the gates of hell.
bduce

Postby Eppi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Unfortunately it was a full system upgrade including hardware..... but thanks for your suggestions!
Eppi

Return to SensorMedics/Nicolet (Viasys)