SensorMedics Yokes

SensorMedics Yokes

Postby GSC » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:49 am

Our new systems came with the optional yokes that allow for PTAF, body position and a few other options, but no one has been able to get readings from the yokes even though the system does locate them when they are plugged into the system. Any ideas?
GSC

Bump

Postby sleepadmin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:55 am

No one else is using the yokes?!!

What about anyone from Sensormedics? You reading this? :roll:
sleepadmin
Admin

A Yoke?

Postby respbarb » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:42 pm

Don't know what the &(&^*__(& a yoke is!
We have Sensormedics Alpha 4.2 and with our expansion to 4 beds will be receiving a whole new system and the latest version which is 7.1 or 7.2.
Asked my boss " what is a yoke?"
She said she never hear of it and she's been in sleep a long time!
respbarb

Postby GSC » Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:29 pm

Well, first the yoke is an additional set of channels that can be attached to the Cephalo Pro amp. It includes a built in pressure transducer, body position sensor and a few other ports.

Second...the answer. On the montage the Electrode is set to CPAP which is the label of the input on the yoke. The sampling is 12.5. The hff is 5 and the lff is set at 0.1. The KEY is to set the channel type to cflo and then adjust the gain to get a good signal. With these settings, everything worked fine.
GSC

WELL, I'll be...

Postby respbarb » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:48 pm

a monkey's uncle (as I used to say in, oh, about 6th grade!) :lol:
Since we currently have Omega amps, I geuss that's why we didn't know about yokes. We will be changing to Cephalo amps as Sensormedics has stopped using Omega with the latest version Alpha 7.1 (or .2 whatever it is.)
Now the interesting thing to me is the built in pressure transducer.
First, I wonder if the yoke comes standard with the Cephalo Pro amp, as we currently are not using a pressure transducer on our diagnostic studies ( and we need to be) and this would be a boon to us.
And second the pressure transducer cannula, hopefully the cheap ones will work well enough.
I want to think you are using the latest version of Sensormedics and am curious as we didn't get that info from our sales rep about the yokes!!
Thanks again for the info, as I am never disappointed as to how much I can learn from my fellow techs here on Binary!
So...
has the problem been solved ,as it looks like you posted it did, and are you happy with the signal obtained from the pressure transducer?
respbarb

Postby GSC » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:27 pm

Yes they do work and we are very pleased with the signal. It seems that very few yoke units are sold in the US and this may be due to most people already having a PTAF unit. I found it during a review of the product literature and requested it be added to our pricing.
GSC

Rarely sold or not

Postby sleepadmin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:26 am

You just opened a beautiful new six bed lab with loaded Sensormedics (Viasys) equipment throughout. Spending that much money on one vendor, I’d think they would take more (of their) time to make their equipment work. Is this normal from Viasys?

I hope their level of service and product support in the future proves me wrong. :?
sleepadmin
Admin

Postby Rick » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:20 pm

Just curious about the pressure transducer (of course). Is the LFF at 0.05Hz or 0.01Hz?
If it is 0.1Hz then the signal will LOOK good but not be accurate for the flattening of the waveform that shows UARS because the signal will decay too fast at 0.1Hz to show it...
And I could mention that those cheap cannulas give great signals because they introduce a pressure drop due to their size (too large) that can cause partial obstructions of some peoples' nares.
Rick

Return to SensorMedics/Nicolet (Viasys)