SleepMed

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

SleepMed

Postby RPSGT2000something » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:20 am

Does anyone work for SleepMed that can give some input into whether it's a good company to work for? Also, do they work their techs 10 hr or 12 hr shifts? Any info to help make a potential job change would be appreciated.
RPSGT2000something

Re: SleepMed

Postby Tech » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:06 pm

I worked for Sleep Med for a short time a few years ago. The people I had direct contact with ran the gamut between likable and not. For the most part, I found it unpleasant to work for a large and distant organization. Communications from the management ran heavily to criticism, and the word "mandatory," appeared quite a lot. The lab was two beds in a remote hospital. It was a tech station in a closet, an orphan program , occupying space in a day surgery suite. Had to have patients out and the lab packed back into the closet/ all data transferring etc done, and be gone by 06:00, or the day folks would give dirty looks. I worked alone, but support was continuously available by phone, and it was professional, helpful, and respectful. All in all, I felt like a mere number, and under continuous pressure. The time squeeze was the worst. The paperwork was plethoric. I'm happy to have moved on.
Tech

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics