Clinical Sleep Educator exam

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Re: Clinical Sleep Educator exam

Postby adarkknight86 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:22 am

So your obviously a MEGA troll...When the insurance companies don't want to pay for in lab studies anymore you will be out of a job. I don't believe a over 30 year old credentialing body will just make a new credential for the heck of it. And about your comment on neuro techs...guess what I'll always have job security. So while your census is down and there is no work. I'll be in the EMU running studies that will never go the way of the dinosaur. You see I'm all for new jobs in case old jobs become obsolete. So I'll be getting my CCSH because it supports new jobs for those Techs that are down on their luck due to the insurance companies. Oh and BTW people do die from OSA ever read? Healthy people 2020??? Probably not I don't have for negative people like yourself in fact go score some studies and write like 100 reports lol
adarkknight86

Postby somnonaut » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:36 am

You obviously do not read, as I said yes people do die from OSA but it is tangential not primary to the disease.

As for your statement "So I'll be getting my CCSH because it supports new jobs for those Techs that are down on their luck due to the insurance companies." You have never addressed how an organization named Board of REGISTERED POLYSOMNOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGISTS is now empowered to create out of thin air a new credential having NOTHING to do with the performing of POLYSOMNOGRAPHY. My point being that, yes maybe the field might be in need of a new credential to help nurse, PA or NP or others get some clinical background in sleep, but how does the BRPT get the audacity to think they have the mission statement or the background to provide this to NON-Techs? You never did answer that.
So while you think you are so cool, neurology is not the land of milk and honey or you would have never sought the RPSGT. EEG is moving to home based acquisition, so I would not count those chickens just yet. Actually, Ambulatory EEG seems to be sweeping the nation. http://tinyurl.com/hu7cfmu
And lookie see nary a mention of the need for "qualified technical staff" to perform said ambulatory EEG studies. Oh well, is your illustrious future going up in smoke? It is easier to do and perform an EEG study than it is to do a PSG, so maybe the Sleep techs will put your out of a job. I have not heard one state that has licensure of EEG techs, so ANYONE can do EEGs. At last count there were 9 states with Sleep tech licensure, how many have EEG tech licensure?

So, yes, sleep will progress and yes others will become involved in it, but the BRPT has serious issues to deal with as they have had since the 90's. Creating a new credential while they close the door (ending CSE pathway in 2016) to actual RPSGTs who do not happen to have the educational credentials for said new credential is opposite of what they are charged to do in their mission statement. Go ask them for their corporate charter, I DARE you. LOL You are probably on the board. Those are the ONLY people who get to see the corporate charter. I have been down that road. The ABSM is the arm of the sleep field that should be offering this further credential, not the BRPT.

http://www.brpt.org/default.asp?contentID=15

Vision and Mission

BRPT Mission Statement
The mission of The Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) is to build upon its history as the global leader in sleep technologist credentialing and certification; to provide high quality sleep technology products and services that inspire professional excellence, recognition, and lifelong learning; and to create long-term value for credential and certificate holders.

BRPT Vision Statement
The organization recognized around the world for the highest standards in sleep credentialing, certification and education.

Where does it say to offer credentialing for NON-Technologists? In fact, it says the opposite.
somnonaut

Postby adarkknight86 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:35 pm

yeah there is also something called long term monitoring 24 hour epilepsy studies, REEGTs are required to run any neuro studies on Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare patients and also the ABRET states the same however they offer a lot of different credentials like CLTM, evoked potentials, and IONM, just because the organization is called American Board of Electroencephalographic Technologists (ABRET) that isn't all they have to offer. and FYI Sleep and EEG go hand in hand pathway 3 for the REEGT is to be a RPSGT or have a Associate's degree. RSTs are unable to take that pathway, at least the ABRET is loyal to the ones that created the FIRST SLEEP credential. and OSA is the cause of many diseases if untreated which is why the insurance companies will pay for reimbursement of this new credential holders services since it also helps to prevents other co morbidity's. You need to get real your just a pissed off BPRT hater so just lose the RPSGT and be an RST instead and pray you don't live in Maryland lol. In fact I don't know any RSTs that did NOT pay 25$ to get grandfathered in...lol what a joke. "EEG is not the land of milk and honey" probably if your not registered. ambulatory studies...heard of it have yet to see it happen because a TECHNOLOGIST must perform the Stimuli part of the exam. You say you love doing sleep??? so do I and I will back the board up 100% on the evolving role of the Polysomnographic Technologist.
adarkknight86

Postby somnonaut » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:24 am

"OSA is the cause of many diseases if untreated which is why the insurance companies will pay for reimbursement of this new credential holders services since it also helps to prevents other co morbidity's."

And where did you hear this? Please provide links and/or documentation.

"REEGTs are required to run any neuro studies on Medicare/Medicaid/Tricare patients"
Also, my post above said otherwise, please provide links and/or documentation.

Also, my point about the BRPT overstepping it's mission statement still stands. Care to refute it?

Please ask the board next go round, and see if they would actually publish the by-laws of the BRPT. No on has seen them in the public sphere for well over 20 years and since the ability to change the by-laws rests solely in the hands of the board, it would be interesting to see exactly how the by-laws have been bastardized. So, your help in this matter, I mean since you are so sympatico with the BRPT, is requested. I know there are a few other RPSGT credential holders who would also like to see the by-laws of the BRPT. BTW, as "credential holders" we do not hold a position of relevance to the board, according to their replies to me. We are not members of any class of "members" who can view the by-laws.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Lastly, "I will back the board up 100% on the evolving role of the Polysomnographic Technologist."
Do you think that the evolution of SLEEP TECHs would be to become SLEEP EDUCATORS/CLINICIANS or become more proficient and credentialed in other forms of Polysomnographic Technology (Pediatric, etc)?
Since you are so willing to "back the board up 100%", please explain the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists' QUALIFICATIONS to provide an educator/clinician credential within the scope of their mission statement?

Vision and Mission

BRPT Mission Statement
The mission of The Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) is to build upon its history as the global leader in sleep technologist credentialing and certification; to provide high quality sleep technology products and services that inspire professional excellence, recognition, and lifelong learning; and to create long-term value for credential and certificate holders.

How does diluting the RPSGT competencies into another credential support this mission statement?
somnonaut

Postby Vix » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:57 pm

The contraction of "you are" is "you're". Just saying...
Vix

Postby adarkknight86 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:35 am

OK so this is getting annoying but it amazes me just how much of a contradicting hypocrite you are somno... searching through your glorified 20k post or whatever it just so happens I stumble across one of yours involving you opinion of the RST credential and within that post you yourself state that you would go with whichever board goes down the education path...well maybe you change your mind or maybe your just hellbent about idk... probably not being able to take the CCSH exam due to lack of a degree whatever the case my be best of luck to you. Next time you attack me for something you once had no problem with makes me wonder just what is wrong with your brain??? please don't ask me to put links or anything like that your so computer savvy look at your old post you fraudulent LIAR!!!! You down talked me about the educator certificate/credential but yet you clearly were wanting to see it happen...yeah buddy ill blast you on binary so everyone knows just how fake you really are. The CCSH thing is blowing up all over now techs without degrees are going back to school or they are signing up for the CSE certificate to take the grandfather pathway, at least you have to earn it and not pay 25$ and disclose that its equivalent to the RPSGT exam which is against the codes of conduct I wouldn't be surprise if everyone that did that got their credentials revoked for such an act WOW maybe that's why they are asking if you hold the RST credential on the new page? The BRPT states if you don't pass this exam you will have to submit that you graduated from a community college or higher. Most techs are already RPSGTs that's the norm now you see if you ever worked at a REAL hospital you would see nurses going back to school because RN is NOT enough just like RPSGT/R.EEG.T and RT is not enough anymore. To stay competitive and in the game they want bachelors degree which they now offer in neurodiagnostics and sleep science ONLINE. RNs NEED to become BSN and now they want MSN. Degrees are becoming required now which shouldn't be hard to obtain considering sleep is still alive and kicking FOR NOW and most techs work 3 12 hr shifts @ 25 an hr and then 2 extra days at another job so just about 6 figures give or take so there is no excuse to not be pursuing education and new credentials specializing in the field. EVERYONE in allied health is wanting DEGREES now hell even the obnoxious RST pathway requires an HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA not a GED. I could careless about what you think however think about this...Your applying for a job as an RPSGT with 10 years of experience, the 24 yr old kid next to you is applying as well he holds a Bachelors of Science in Sleep and Neurodiagnostics and is a CCSH as well...guess who's getting the job my friend NOT you and this is going on everywhere RNs needing BSN, RTs needing BSRC and now sooner than later RPSGT/CCSH with a bachelors degree or higher. Good luck to you mate on all your negative endeavors.

Theres plenty of schools online offering degrees in neurodiagnostics which just so happens to include PSG, NCS, IONM, EPs, EEGs, LTM.
I'LL give you credit where it is due that the A-STEP program was a waste of time when one can simply pay 9,000 and be registry eligible in ALL modalities with no clinical experience of 2 years and obtain a degree. This is the preferred choice because you can simply move around if you get burnt out of nights or want to do EPs or NCS why spend 5,000 on ASTEP when 4 more thousand gets you EVERYTHING in neurodiagnostics. Don't be so bitter somno you were once on the same page
adarkknight86

Postby adarkknight86 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:35 am

OK so this is getting annoying but it amazes me just how much of a contradicting hypocrite you are somno... searching through your glorified 20k post or whatever it just so happens I stumble across one of yours involving you opinion of the RST credential and within that post you yourself state that you would go with whichever board goes down the education path...well maybe you change your mind or maybe your just hellbent about idk... probably not being able to take the CCSH exam due to lack of a degree whatever the case my be best of luck to you. Next time you attack me for something you once had no problem with makes me wonder just what is wrong with your brain??? please don't ask me to put links or anything like that your so computer savvy look at your old post you fraudulent LIAR!!!! You down talked me about the educator certificate/credential but yet you clearly were wanting to see it happen...yeah buddy ill blast you on binary so everyone knows just how fake you really are. The CCSH thing is blowing up all over now techs without degrees are going back to school or they are signing up for the CSE certificate to take the grandfather pathway, at least you have to earn it and not pay 25$ and disclose that its equivalent to the RPSGT exam which is against the codes of conduct I wouldn't be surprise if everyone that did that got their credentials revoked for such an act WOW maybe that's why they are asking if you hold the RST credential on the new page? The BRPT states if you don't pass this exam you will have to submit that you graduated from a community college or higher. Most techs are already RPSGTs that's the norm now you see if you ever worked at a REAL hospital you would see nurses going back to school because RN is NOT enough just like RPSGT/R.EEG.T and RT is not enough anymore. To stay competitive and in the game they want bachelors degree which they now offer in neurodiagnostics and sleep science ONLINE. RNs NEED to become BSN and now they want MSN. Degrees are becoming required now which shouldn't be hard to obtain considering sleep is still alive and kicking FOR NOW and most techs work 3 12 hr shifts @ 25 an hr and then 2 extra days at another job so just about 6 figures give or take so there is no excuse to not be pursuing education and new credentials specializing in the field. EVERYONE in allied health is wanting DEGREES now hell even the obnoxious RST pathway requires an HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA not a GED. I could careless about what you think however think about this...Your applying for a job as an RPSGT with 10 years of experience, the 24 yr old kid next to you is applying as well he holds a Bachelors of Science in Sleep and Neurodiagnostics and is a CCSH as well...guess who's getting the job my friend NOT you and this is going on everywhere RNs needing BSN, RTs needing BSRC and now sooner than later RPSGT/CCSH with a bachelors degree or higher. Good luck to you mate on all your negative endeavors.

Theres plenty of schools online offering degrees in neurodiagnostics which just so happens to include PSG, NCS, IONM, EPs, EEGs, LTM.
I'LL give you credit where it is due that the A-STEP program was a waste of time when one can simply pay 9,000 and be registry eligible in ALL modalities with no clinical experience of 2 years and obtain a degree. This is the preferred choice because you can simply move around if you get burnt out of nights or want to do EPs or NCS why spend 5,000 on ASTEP when 4 more thousand gets you EVERYTHING in neurodiagnostics. Don't be so bitter somno you were once on the same page
adarkknight86

Postby somnonaut » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:30 pm

In your ad hominen attack, you interestingly did not provide a link back to this said supposedly" hypocritical" post of mine, NOR did you ever, in your blabbing and run-on sentences, address what I have asked of you multiple times now; HOW is providing a NEW CREDENTIAL TO NON-RPSGT, CPSGT within the MISSION statement of the BRPT?
Oh, right you FORBID me from asking you to provide "links." Of course you are too lazy to back up your statements or the actual post does not say what you claim it says.

Here you opine: "...most techs work 3 12 hr shifts @ 25 an hr and then 2 extra days at another job so just about 6 figures give or take so there is no excuse to not be pursuing education and new credentials specializing in the field"

What math do you use? 36hr (3, 12 hr shifts) at $25/hr is NOT $100K, in fact it is not even 50K. $25X36X52=$46,800 More bait and switch. Those 2 "extra days" cannot be paying $25/hr. In fact they would have to make $42.63/hour at the OTHER job for 2 shifts at 12 hours per shift. Now you are tallking about a tech working 5,12 hour shifts per week to make $100K because the BRPT is too incompetent to keep the CURRENT certificate holders "in the know" on how to IMPROVE the field and make our technology better. So, the BRPT relies on smoke and mirrors to create a "shiny new credential" that they want everyone to have so that this "raises the bar." Huh? How will THE SLEEP TECH making $25 now ALSO providing CCSH be remunerated? It makes no sense. There is no room for techs to get raises just because they get a new credential. It is a lie.

And again, HOW is the CCSH "SPECIALIZING" when it is handed out like candy to anyone with a Bachelors degree in healthcare? WHERE IS THE "SPECIALIZED" EDUMACATION?

The BRPT should stick to what they claim their mandate is:

Vision and Mission

BRPT Mission Statement

BRPT Vision Statement
The organization recognized around the world for the highest standards in sleep credentialing, certification and education.

Where does it say to offer credentialing for NON-Technologists? In fact, it says the opposite. And in fact the current CCHS undertaking of the BRPT is AGAINST the intentions of the MISSION STATEMENT, as it does NOTHING for current certificate holders. It is a BAIT AND SWITCH.

In your scenario of me sitting across from the Bachelor degree candidate with the CCHS and RPSGT, I feel that my low RPSGT # (obtained when the RPSGT was a TRUE EXAM, not the watered down simple test it is now) is much more worthy (and sleep doctors know that) than the current, computerized "test." So this CCHS STILL has no niche. Where will it fit in? I have laid out how their use will probably be antagonistic to others in the office (NP, PA, or physicians), so what makes you think they will actually be adopted and/or useful AND their extra expense (sleep techs getting raises) will have a reimbursement stream? If an office can pay for an NO or PA to be CCHS (which is available to them) then WHY oh WHY should the same office even give consideration to an RPSGT? It makes no sense. The BRPT is looking to create a new credential and revenue stream OUTSIDE of sleep techs. Please illuminate how you see these new NON-RPSGT CCSH functioning and are going to compete in this new environment?

I, along with others, feel the CCSH is a money ploy by the BRPT, and nothing more than the BRPT trying to stay relevant and create a new revenue stream as it sees (as my links provided to the BRPT presentation, more than likely that you gave) the RPSGT holders numbers dwindling significantly. The CCSH is the BRPT running around like a chicken without a head, pulling stupid ideas out of its ass, instead of giving RPSGTs (as their mission statement says) NEW SLEEP TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN EDUCATION. That is the EDUCATION I WANT, NOT HAVING TO PAY ONCE AGAIN FOR THE MINIMALLY RELATED, TANGENTIAL CRAP I ALREADY KNOW AS AN RPSGT. We need further education in sleep TECHNOLOGY which is what their MISSION STATEMENT says they should be providing. There should be SLEEP technology in ENT, Sleep technology in Pediatric Sleep, Sleep technology in Respiratory Sleep, Sleep technology in END training certificates FOR CURRENT RPSGT HOLDERS. THIS WILL HELP CREATE NEW NICHES FOR SLEEP TECHS.

So, again I ask you, when you get back to the Board, ask them if they will show us their corporate by-laws and now I will also ask for all the board minutes of the last 30 years. There has been a FLAGRANT MISMANAGEMENT OF THE BRPT over the decades with the whole lying about re-certification debacle and now this irrelevant CCHS money grab, the BRPT needs to move on, and change their mission statement to reflect what they WANT TO BE, not what they draw people in claiming to be.

This is a classic bait and switch.
somnonaut

Postby adarkknight86 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:41 pm

So you believe this is the same type of test as the RPSGT??? LMAO please MR. HYPOCRITE go ahead and try and take it lets see how you do on it since your so smart. I failed by 10 points ill be honest and that's with passing the CSE and buying ALL the reference books listed. Go for it lets see how you do since you probably been doing sleep since 1979 go ahead maybe you'll get lucky and not have to study. And ill give you credit where its due about how things are you are correct about the tier system when you log in the BRPT website it goes in order from CPSGT-RPSGT-CCSH as the CCSH is the highest credential now. But there was a time somno when you said you would go with the educational board which just so happens to be the BRPT. So you don't like how they run things okay I guess I don't have much to say about your opinions as seeing how they CHANGE so quickly. and yeah I was talking about working five 12 hour shifts at 2 different jobs with 2 days off a week. And most techs work 2 jobs @ 12 an hour if they are lucky but most labs do four 10 hour shifts which sucks. What's with you still referencing the boards mission/vision statements have you read the ABRET's??? Yeah one would believe all they offered was EEG/EPs but they don't , they offer ALOT more in END then just the name states. Don't know if you ever read the AAST a2zzz magazine there was an article about if IONM is right for me this past month due to HSTs on the rise. It's not just me who understands this change THE AAST DOES AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!

AAST Strategic Plan

Important changes in the U.S. health care system have had a significant impact on the field of sleep medicine and the profession of sleep technology. The controversial Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which was signed into law in March 2010, fueled a national health care debate that continues today. Central to this debate has been the need for cost-containment in the health care sector, a problem that was underscored by a prolonged economic recession.

The shifting sands of health care reform have had a disruptive effect on the field of sleep medicine, as the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has repeatedly reduced physician reimbursement rates for sleep medicine codes, particularly those for services related to in-lab overnight polysomnography. At the same time, third-party administrators have begun requiring out of center sleep testing (OCST) in some regions, and there has been a rapid emergence of national OCST companies.

The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) submitted to CMS a Proposal for an Integrated Sleep Management Delivery Model following the introduction of new accreditation programs for OCST and non-Medicare durable medical equipment (DME) suppliers by the AASM, as well as a new dental sleep medicine facility accreditation program by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM). The AASM also submitted to CMS another proposal, the Innovation Care Delivery and Management Program for Patients with OSA (ICDMPPO). Together these events signal that the field of sleep medicine is transitioning from a procedure-based model to an outcomes-based framework that focuses on long-term patient care.

The AAST Board of Directors recognizes that these recent changes, as well as those that are on the horizon, will have a profound impact on the profession of sleep technology. The role of the sleep technologist is certain to change as we take on responsibilities related to patient education, follow-up care, disease management, and outcomes data collection. These changes provide us with an opportunity to expand the role of the sleep technologist in the sleep technology workforce to meet the growing need for sleep-related patient care.

The AAST has developed the 2015 Strategic Plan to help guide the profession through this transition. This plan will help the AAST fulfill its vision, which is “[b]Advocating for advanced education and expertise for sleep professionals that is commensurate with a key role in sleep health.”
adarkknight86

Postby adarkknight86 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:05 pm

So now the air is cleared do you also want me to tell the AAST the same thing as the BRPT? They support advanced education and sleep health lol how funny CCSH = certification in clinical sleep health. Yeah guess what buddy this is the future trust me a lot of techs thought this was it that obtaining the RPSGT was it we were done but no we still have one more exam to take and pass to truly turn off the lights finally. Its not just the BRPT its the AAST as well so I don't think this is a conspiracy type of monopoly that some think of and hey your old school you been doing this ALOT longer than me in sleep that is but this is the new school and its different now I don't like change either but its inevitable now. They want degrees attached just like the NBRC wants a degree with a certain GPA to be considered to take the RRT exam and even that isn't enough anymore a Bachelors degree is preferred. I've been doing sleep for 10 years that's not a lot compared to any of yall old school RPSGTs but a 22 year old kid walked in took his RPSGT only had 1 year and half of experience and a bachelors of science (NOT IN SLEEP or END or RC) and guess what he's the new manager and he doesn't know the difference between Prozac eyes and REM. Its the future ill be retaking it every month until I pass that exam and I will be enrolling to get my bachelors in sleep science because that's what makes me different than the rest of the 22k RPSGTs out there. And ill even take the European sleep Research examination to become a Somnologist-Technologist in September. But that's me the market is competitive and ill keep fighting against the HSTs but it doesn't matter what I say anymore its the insurance companies.
adarkknight86

Postby somnonaut » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:32 pm

You conflate all your arguments into one. You have no ability to debate.

The mission statement of the BRPT stands on its own and has NOTHING to do with the ABRET's or the AAST (Association of techs). The BRPT is clearly going against its own mission statement with the CCSH. It offers NO TRAINING IN SLEEP TECHNOLOGY. I am for TRAINING IN SLEEP TECHNOLOGY. Training that sets TECHNOLOGISTS apart from others who can gain the same credential (CCSH) by virtue of a bachelor's degree.

So, if the field has to shrink back to its roots and shirk off little dorks like you who do not give a damn about the field, then so be it. Sleep technologists will be required in some states by virtue of state licensing acts. NY is one of them.

The CCSH really gives nothing to techs. It provides a semblance of sleep knowledge to dangerously interact with patients undergoing treatment for one of the many sleep disorders with just enough "make believe authority" to screw them up. This credential will eventually go head to head with sleep docs, when the non-sleep docs, RTs, RNs, PAs and NPs take it and think they are sleep docs. The CCSH is NOT geared for RPSGTs as is proven by the testing pathways.

And you think that an RPSGT+CCSH will make some sort of inroads into this new domain. LOL
somnonaut

Postby adarkknight86 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:49 am

Here's your provided link about your hypocritical statements back in 2012 on sleep education you scum of the earth

somnonaut » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:15 pm

tcr104 wrote:I'm in DC. The license allows for "other nationally recognized examination, as approved by the Board," but as of yet, they (the board) have not approved any. Perhaps if an RST will show up at a public comment period, board meeting, etc., and exercise their citizenship, and inform the Board that the legislation does not suit them, as you say, then this would happen. To date, no such citizen "unsuited by the legislation" has shown up to say so, but when it happens, they may very well approve it. Are you aware of any state licensure legislation that to date, implicitly names the RST as acceptable? I'm not. General language such as "other nationally approved examination approved by the board" is as close as I've seen. We know ABSM is prusuing NCCA accreditation, and then they'll likely start showing up in legislative language from state to state. 

So, please, I am interested to hear you, or whoever, make their case for displaying the RPSGT, RST, if you never took the exam. I am open-minded, and all ears.

Correct, the best wording for legislation is that which affords the most lattitude to the board overseeing the license, not one that stipulates in its language which organization or credential is recognized. NJ ran into this as it took so long for them to pass their legislation, that the APT changed its name to AAST in the interim, and yet they mentioned APT by name in the legislation. They also use the RPSGT exclusively, which might come back to haunt them also. 

I have both, and I see it as being able to branch off in either direction when and if they start to differentiate themselves with changes to their basic educational makeup. If one becomes more of an education tech, then I am prepared to take that road.

Contradicting HYPOCRITE
adarkknight86

Postby adarkknight86 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:08 am

Binary sleep techs don't listen to this guy he doesn't even know what he's talking about. If you are considering taking the new examination or if you already have and passed you are awesome don't let some guy like this make you feel bad about bettering yourself. The guy is stuck in 1979 he probably works at a lab where he hand scores on paper because he believes it's more accurate then computers. The idea of a sleep disorder therapist is more than exciting it provides the patients with the education and management to successfully be compliant on their long term disease just like diabetes and asthma. There are certified diabetic and asthma educators out there and now sleep educators and it's a good service for the patients it's not playing sleep doctor it's being a sleep health specialist. Somno is probably upset that he couldn't pay 25$ and get grandfathered in just like how he obtained his RST without taking a REAL examination. The AAST and AASM support what the new credential stands for their is billing codes out already for this service welcome to the future!!!!!
adarkknight86

Postby somnonaut » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Taking my supposed posts out of context is not what I wanted. I want a link back to the thread this was clipped from, as obviously the discussion at hand is NOT about educating (as you had said) or anything. It is about displaying credentials. So, once again you show you ill-intentions, just like the BRPT.

Now, onto your other poorly conceived, poorly worded, and poorly written post.

The Mission statement of the Asthma Educator Credentialing board: https://www.naecb.com/

MISSION/GOALS

The mission of the National Asthma Educator Certification Board is to promote optimal asthma management and quality of life among individuals with asthma, their families and communities, by advancing excellence in asthma education through the certified asthma educator ( AE-C®) process.

And the closest I can find of a mission statement for the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators. http://www.ncbde.org/

NCBDE was established in 1986 as an independent organization to promote the interests of diabetes educators and the public at large by granting certification to qualified health professionals involved in teaching persons with diabetes, through establishment of eligibility requirements and development of a written examination. Since it was first awarded in 1986, the CDE® credential has become a standard of excellence for the delivery of quality diabetes education.

The BRPT should stick to what they claim their mandate is: http://www.brpt.org/default.asp?contentID=15

BRPT Mission Statement

As I said previously upthread:
"Sleep has taken on a larger role in medicine and the need for other Non-techs to be credentialed in sleep is loud and vociferous and not a call that the BRPT can actually fill under the mantle they are presently holding (Board of POLYSOMNOGRAPHIC TECHNOLOGISTS.) They need to be called something ELSE and have a NEW mission statement and a whole new governance (finally.) Hopefully this new entity will finally be transparent and true to its MISSION and corporate charter."

If the BRPT was to be following their mission statement they would NOT end Pathway #3, CSE training. In fact if they TRULY had the best of intention for their certificants (RPSGT and CPSGT) they would keep the CSE pathway open to those who need it. Are they saying this CSE "education" is INFERIOR? Why would the CSE pathway have to be done away with come June 30, 2016? What about those who need that pathway? This make no sense when looked at in the context of WHAT the BRPT SHOULD be doing based on their MISSION STATEMENT. It only makes sense when looking at the CCSH as a NEW credential being put in place for the sole purpose of money generation by the BRPT of a NEW NON-TECHNOLOGY based educator population. The BRPT should end the facade and open a NEW organization to address this and not bastardize the BRPT and its core mission like they are doing. If you don't want to do what is best for SLEEP TECHS anymore, then go start something else.

adarkknight86 babbled (almost incoherently):
"The idea of a sleep disorder therapist is more than exciting..."
This is the scariest for the patients:
And this Johnny come lately "credential" is supposed to confer this authority to the patients to trust? I think not.

"The guy is stuck in 1979 he probably works at a lab where he hand scores on paper because he believes it's more accurate then [sic]computers."

I laughed and laughed at this moron. Hey NITWIT, the lab I headed in 1989 was the FIRST "PAPERLESS" lab to be Accredited in the WORLD.
What were you doing in 1989? Most likely playing with yourself as you still are now.
"A mind is a terrible thing to waste."
somnonaut

Postby adarkknight86 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Oh please your just mad you can't pay 25$ and get the credential you cheap old man you talk down on alot of things sleep related. I tell u what I may not have alot of post here or be a senior member but your garbage bro like 100% BFI dumpster garbage. You wait and see how the future rolls out when your getting yelled at by the CCSH because he needs the HST scored STAT lol your super negative about everything just get out of sleep already your time is up. And whatever you do please don't attempt neurodiagnostic WE will Eat you on the ASET forums where I'm a senior member and the R.EEG.Ts will actually say something about your negative attitude troll!!!!
adarkknight86

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics