Experience means nothing?

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Experience means nothing?

Postby RPSGT2000something » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 am

I was working with a new graduate recently who made a comment to me that shocked me so much that I didn't know what to say. Before I type what she said, let me say that I've performed and scored over 6,000 sleep studies and this is my career which I take very seriously. I feel as if I've learned something from every study I've run as my mind is continuously in a learning mode. She said "the only thing that makes you different from a new graduate is you already know how to do a setup and score."

If you are barely out of school or new in this field please don't make such degrading comments to an experienced tech. How would you have responded to her disrespectful comment?
RPSGT2000something

Re: Experience means nothing?

Postby somnonaut » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:49 pm

"...the only thing that makes you different from a new graduate is you already know how to do a setup and score."

So, you mean the only difference is that I know what to do and the graduate does not. That about sums it up correctly and can be said about any career. Wisdom is what comes with experience.
somnonaut

Re: Experience means nothing?

Postby Sleepy in the South » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:51 am

Tell her the only thing that makes you different from her is you know WHY we set up and score.
Sleepy in the South

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics