Sleepnet

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Postby bob » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:27 am

Again, I think that Sleepnet performed a very useful function. I really liked the forum - as I like and appreciate this one. Hammering on them for being shut down is churlish, negative, and at this point very old hat. Lets think of something more enlightening and edifying to discuss.
bob

Postby sleepadmin » Sun Oct 12, 2003 7:44 pm

I couldn't resist:

Click here if you have a high speed connection (turn your speakers up).

:lol:
sleepadmin
Admin

Postby stars » Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:41 pm

Very nice.Stars :D :D :D
stars

Postby EssMan » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:11 pm

sleepadmin wrote:I couldn't resist:

Click here if you have a high speed connection (turn your speakers up).

:lol:

This solves the mystery nicely, thank you! :lol:
EssMan

Postby sleep for thought » Tue Oct 14, 2003 6:37 am

CLASSIC!!!!!!!!

NICE JOB SLEEP ADMIN!!!!!

-wax on....wax off....
sleep for thought

Cool!

Postby bsvoboda » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:34 pm

:P Good Job!, Now I know why I don't let the techs have internet access in the lab, too many opportunities to find such neat movies, etc.,

Bret
bsvoboda

Postby Kcomplex » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:54 pm

I'm still laughing over angle-grinder man! No need to waste time surfing the net for funny stuff - just check this thread every couple of days and it's enough for me (but then, I'm easily amused...).

I'm going to have to hunt some of you down and learn your true identities... at the next meeting, the first round is on me! :twisted:
Kcomplex

Talkaboutsleep.com

Postby sleepwise » Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:38 pm

I was sorry to see the negative comments about the Talkaboutsleep web site. I have not been to the site for awhile, but I do know Dr Obrien and
know that he is very genuine and concerned about patients and sleep.
Of course, without a corporate sponsor, ads are used to support the site, which I believe is an avenue for an exchange of information. I believe
that the money generated by ads is put back into the website and not a source of personal income.
I hope that others will check out the site and come to their own conclusions.
sleepwise

Re: Talkaboutsleep.com

Postby sleepadmin » Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:03 am

sleepwise wrote:I was sorry to see the negative comments about the Talkaboutsleep web site. I have not been to the site for awhile, but I do know Dr Obrien and
know that he is very genuine and concerned about patients and sleep.
Of course, without a corporate sponsor, ads are used to support the site, which I believe is an avenue for an exchange of information. I believe
that the money generated by ads is put back into the website and not a source of personal income.
I hope that others will check out the site and come to their own conclusions.

Yes, they do appear to be doing a nice job. Generating revenue can also be helpfull for raising awareness and support for your cause. So far binarysleep has gotten by on the help of a handfull of people... perhaps someday I too will resort to putting ads up :? I'd prefer not to, but who knows.

I'm also glad you chimed in on the subject. While I might not personally agree with peoples opinions, I firmly respect their right to voice it (minus anything libelous).
sleepadmin
Admin

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:31 am

Really, Bret? You don't let your techs have Internet access at night? I use these sleep forums all the time. Of course it can be abused, but the Internet is a great resource for sleep techs. In our lab Internet access is essential because we use it to access the schedule and patient records when necessary. When I was studying for my RPSGT I found the Internet to be a great help.
Keith

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics