Other Labs

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Other Labs

Postby TexasSleepguy » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:10 am

recently was talking with another lab. Seems thaaey place all leads o1 o2 c3 c4 on the forehead...HUH? how does this work....what are your thoughts? :shock:
TexasSleepguy

Postby sleeper » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:26 pm

WHAT?? :shock: Sounds like those techs walked in off the street and were hired, and no one is watching the store. Since frontal EEG is low voltage fast activity, (beta), how in the world are they scoring those studies? I can't imagine how they are titrating CPAP if that is how they are recording. Where do they put the leg leads, on the soles of their feet??
sleeper

Duhhhh

Postby SCNVsleep » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:42 pm

Where do they put the leg leads, on the soles of their feet??

They go behind the ears, silly. :lol:
SCNVsleep

Modified EEG placement

Postby BillA » Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:01 pm

I'm currently at the ASET (American Society of EEG Technologists) meeting in Washington DC. A doctor presented the 'Brain Net' this morning. It is a color coded net placed on the patients head. He said that an non-technician can prep the electrode sites then place the electrodes on the patients head.

Since he was proposing a 'non 10-20' approach, there was a bit of grumbling in the back of the room!

I've spoken to several people at the meeting, most prefer the old method of measuring the head and placing the electrodes in the appropriate 10-20 locations! I guess this is what most would expect at an EEG meeting.

As an old sleep tech, I would aggree with the EEG techs on this one!
BillA

Postby sleepadmin » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:48 pm

What is so hard about measuring a head!?!! When training new techs, if all I had to worry about was electrode placement and using the sleep system, I would have no problem hiring techs..... Now if they could design a net that goes over the head to tell the tech when to titrate CPAP.... that would be cool. :)
sleepadmin
Admin

Postby SleepySue » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:34 pm

Speaking of the 10-20 system....Does anyone have an easy cheat sheet that would be useful in training new techs?? For me I always have a hard time teaching someone else the technique. Please let me know..Thanks--Sue :lol:
SleepySue

Postby SCNVsleep » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:11 am

TexasleepGuy

HAHAHA

Those were my thoughts.(OLD SCHOOL FOR ME) I asked the guy if he scored he said yes.. I can score a CPAP study in just under an hour, and 2 sleep studies and print reports in an hour and 15 min. Guess if you use all leads on forehead and cant read eeg it doesnt matter what you score the EPOCHS

Long live the 10-20 and toss out those old EEG electrode caps.
SCNVsleep

Postby sleepadmin » Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:58 pm

SleepySue wrote:Speaking of the 10-20 system....Does anyone have an easy cheat sheet that would be useful in training new techs?? For me I always have a hard time teaching someone else the technique. Please let me know..Thanks--Sue :lol:

Recently covered here.
sleepadmin
Admin

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics