Puritan Bennett 420 Series CPAP and Silverlining2

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Puritan Bennett 420 Series CPAP and Silverlining2

Postby clubted » Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:06 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spoke to my Puritan Bennett Rep today and found out that the Silverling2 software version 2.3 is available.
The interesting thing about it is that it now has a report function, that gives you a single page at the end much like Encore Pro for the Respironics Autopaps.

The really cool thing that Silverlining2 now incorporates, is the ability to download CPAP data much like an autopap.

Most if not all CPAP's only give compliance info. When using the Puritan Bennett 420 Series CPAP, Silverlining downloads RDI/AHI info from a straight CPAP.

This is a huge benefit to people who use a CPAP. It will track apnea's and hypopnea's so that when you go back to your sleep doctor, you can give him/her a report on just how effective your CPAP is treating you.

Since most insurance companies will not cover an autopap,it would be benificial to a patient and sleep doctor to prescibe a Puritan Bennett 420 Series CPAP.

Also, there is a new 420E Autopap that has been released in Europe and is awaiting FDA approval here in the US. It is the same size as the 420S Traveler. It will be the worlds smallest Autopap.

Cheers to everyone...

My Rep is sending me the newest Silverlining2 to evaluate.

More to come.
clubted

Postby sleep for thought » Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:55 am

Thanks for the update- interesting indeed. Any idea how much those new machines cost? We have a Puritan-Bennett repcoming to our next employee meeting I'll have to ask him about it!

That new software will be beneficial in determining patient compliance and also whether the patient is benefiting from the proper CPAP pressure!

Great Idea!
sleep for thought

Postby clubted » Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:18 pm

Update: I called Puritan Bennett Tech Support and the feature of being able to see AHI from the entire 420 Series is an upcomming upgrade to Silverlining. This will be in Silverlining3. The software will be released this fall.

Sincerly,

Ted
clubted

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics