department meetings

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

department meetings

Postby ang » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:56 pm

Just wondering how many of you are required to attend the Respiratory Department meetings, as well as the sleep lab meetings. If you are, what time of the day are those meetings? My manager wants me to attend the RT meetings which are monthly on wednesdays, at 2:30pm. I asked if he could provide an additional time at 07:00 so that I don't have to come in in the middle of my sleep time but he needs to see if the rest of the RT department would like that. I guess I feel it is a little unreasonable to expect me to come in at this time, for a meeting that has very little to do with me. I could understand if it was something that pertained to the sleep lab, such as an inservice on cpap, new masks, or something like that. Otherwise I feel it is a waste of time.
ang

meetings

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:03 am

We do have to attend day meeting here in our neuro lab. however our meetings are at 4:00pm so that it doesnt cut into our sleep time. Resp meeting we do not have to go to, I do attend at times to teach the therapist how to use auto titration units and update them on new CPAP mask. Ask if your director and take minutes of the meeting and you just read the minutes. how would they like to come to a metting at 4am?
TexasSleepguy

Postby sleepygirl » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:27 pm

We are required to attend the RT department meetings as well. I am an RRT as are 2 others that work with me, but we also have non-RT staff that are required to attend as well. The meetings are at 4pm.

Our director is also the RT director, so I think he sees this as a way to get out of having a separate Sleep staff meeting, eventhough only 1% of the RT meeting involves the sleep lab. In all honesty I think it is usless for us to attend since they do not address our issues, we pretty much just sit there and listen to the RT staff whine. Stangely enough our director can make a monthly RT meeting, but has not had formal meeting with his sleep staff since January.
sleepygirl

Postby Val » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:00 pm

We have our own meeting, not with the RT people. Sometimes the meeting is at 7:30 am and sometimes it's at 5:OO pm. We change it up and work out what works best for the majority of people. May be a pain for one person this month but it's better for them next month. We have an agenda to follow but we also usually have "goodies" to eat and somethings are fairly relaxed.

Another thing, we only have to attend 85% of our meetings. We rarely have anyone absent though. (Might have something to do with the Pop tarts, fruit, pizza, etc that is also there. :lol: )

If you miss the meeting the notes are written up all the time anyway and kept on file. You have to read the write up and sign off that you understand it all when you do miss.
Val

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics