Weekends

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Weekends

Postby TexasSleepguy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:10 am

Does anyone here work weekends besides me? feeling mightly lonely...Tonight I am writing policy and procedures YUCK....JCHO will be here sometime in the next 6 months. :cry:
TexasSleepguy

You're not alone

Postby Mandy » Sat Apr 05, 2003 2:29 pm

Sometimes I work a Friday or Sunday night if we have a patient or two that must have one of those nights. I probably average at least one Friday night a month.

I have spent countless hours writing P&P's and I agree, YUCK :!: It's something that has to be done though. During the last JCAHO hospital inspection, the Sleep Center was on the list as one of the departments that they would be visiting. They didn't look at our P&P's closely though. I mean, it was nothing compared to our AASM site visit.
Mandy
Friend of binarysleep

weekends

Postby ang » Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:29 pm

I try to avoid weekends (one of the perks I think that can come with working in sleep) however I try to be flexible. I generally do studies mon, wed, thurs., but have told scheduling that if a patient needs another time to let me know and we would work it out. Some patients don't want the study to interfere with work and want their study on a Friday or Saturday. I'm doing a study this Sunday in fact, for a patient that requested that day. I also sometimes come in on weekends to catch up on paperwork. I definately try not to make a habit of it though :lol:
ang

Postby Val » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:12 pm

I don't work weekends but we have staff that have requested it. They are going to school during the week. If they want to work it, we let them. :wink:
Val

Postby SCNVsleep » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:26 pm

My lab is open 7 days a week...Techs work two weekends per month...part of life in a 24/7 city.
SCNVsleep

Postby sleepguy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 10:49 pm

SCNV - any chance you or your techs will be at the sleep meeting next week at Treasure Island?
sleepguy

Postby SCNVsleep » Tue Apr 08, 2003 10:58 pm

Wasn't aware there was one....but then again, I've been sort of out of comission for a little while...

When is it...who's sponsoring, etc?
SCNVsleep

Postby sleepguy » Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:33 am

It's a 3 day seminar, mainly pitched to family practice/internal med docs. One of my docs is the organizer. We were lucky enough to get some of the legends in sleep to come talk. Bill Dement, Mary Carskadan on teens, Richard Allen on PLMS, Terry Young on Epidemiology, etc. We did talk Loma Linda (the sponser) in dropping registration fees for techs to 50%.
sleepguy

Postby SCNVsleep » Wed Apr 09, 2003 4:49 am

Do you have an URL with info?
SCNVsleep

Postby sleepguy » Wed Apr 09, 2003 3:33 pm

The site is www.worldclasscme.com. We're not associated with Loma Linda, but our doc was playing golf with Tim Blackwelder who puts together the nationwide CME for Loma Linda and they got to talking. He asked if we could put together a program focused on Sleep for Docs with no previous knowledge of Sleep (not too many of those are there!!). Because of our associations with Bill, Terry, etc. we were able to get a pretty good line up. Had a few others lined up but this is also an ABSM testing time and some of them were proctoring the exams.
sleepguy

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics