Sleep Review Magazine?

Nearly everything else 'sleep' related not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: labman2, SCNVsleep

Sleep Review Magazine?

Postby Dave » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:49 am

Is it just me or is this magazine one big advertisement? The most recent issue has a cover story on a lab in Florida. I started reading it and kept waiting for the point of the story. What s the point? The other articles are written by the people who sell the services!?! What kind of reporting is this?
Dave

sleep review

Postby TexasSleepguy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:20 am

just read throught the magazine. You are right... what is the point is it just a big infomercial?
TexasSleepguy

Postby sleepadmin » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:44 am

This reminds me of something that happened a couple weeks ago...

I got a call from a producer at the Discovery Channel. He said he wanted to put together a story on sleep disorders. Furthermore, he had been given a list of websites to check out and binarysleep was one. I was floored, to say the least! I explained the nature of this site, and said it would likley not benefit from national public exposure. I did however say he was welcome to do something on our lab, or better yet our medical director. I gave him her number and we parted ways.

The next day my medical director told me he called. He wanted like $40,000 to do a story! :shock: That was so pathetic... I'll never watch a Discovery Channel program without wondering if they are "reporting" or are "advertising" :(
sleepadmin
Admin

Sleep,dreams and bunk

Postby TexasSleepguy » Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:45 pm

Doesn't that just chap your hide!!! The only thing people know about us is that we sit around watching folks sleep. The only stories they publish to the public about sleep is dream interpretion and we all know from the Crick and Mitchenson papers that dreams are nothing more than random synaptic firing and deleting of usless information. :x
TexasSleepguy

sleep review

Postby stars » Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:31 pm

Hello everybody!
Really Best journal about sleep problem,with deeply analysis
"Sleep Medicine Review"(GB)
Combination all problem treatment,analysis from all world
www. sciencedirect.com/science/issue/7151-2003-9999-2-9997400850
or just look sciecedirect web side about a same Sleep medicine Review/all world expirence here.
I use this journal many years and every issue extremely usefull.
Sincerely Stars
stars

Return to Miscellaneous Sleep Topics