Buying a new Sleep System. Which one??

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Postby bduce » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Bist du fertig, mein Herren?
bduce

Postby bduce » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Despite my grumblings about some of the Compumedics decisions - I would recommend them in terms of their equipment and software. They finally have a solution for the DC input box for the Grael and the signals are very good. The software is very intuitive so that newbies can pick it up quickly. Reporting is easy as is creating new reports. The underlying platform is made for EMR. The one thing I caution you is DO NOT LET YOUR IT PEOPLE DECIDE THAT THEY CAN PROVIDE THEIR OWN SPECCED UP COMPUTERS. I have seen too many issues with IT in a hospital saying "we can do that for cheaper" only for it not to work properly. Compumedics will not help you fix up stuff-ups by your IT and IT as a rule tend to wipe their hands of the issue and say talk to Compumedics. Pay the extra dough and get Compumedics to provide the computers.

My 2 cents worth.
bduce

Postby Rattlehead » Tue May 22, 2012 9:01 am

The sleep center I work in will be upgrading equipment from an older Sandman 7.2 installation within the next year or so.

I've been holding-off on an upgrade due to the repeated acquisitions Sandman has been through. I'm expecting Natus to clean house and begin consolidating features into a master-system at some point.

The main features I'll be looking for is database/EMR integration, reliable amplifiers, stable software, and excellent tech support (preferably without paying a monthly service-plan fee).

Can anyone offer any advice on what systems are working well so far, or which systems have been rumored to bite the dust? I'm kind of leaning towards Rembrandt at the moment, since I want to get away from the SD32 nightmare I've had with Sandman.
Rattlehead

Postby Amykr » Tue May 22, 2012 4:29 pm

I am weird and have both xltek and alice 6. I can tell you that the xltek database is good and easy to set up how you want. Not so true with alice both are not too hard to score. I can say that the customer service for my Alice system is amazing and for my xltek was nonexistent.

The other one I considered was neurovirtual they seem to have a nice system and database I just got a better deal on the alice with financing
Amykr

Postby m221005 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi Folks, so after the Sleep meeting in Boston it looks like we will bring in the following vendors to check out their systems and software:
Nihon Koden (polysmith), Respironics (Alice 6), and Compumedics. Any more feedback on these systems would be helpful.

I didn't get a chance to look at Sleepvirtual but may try to do some more research on them and consider a demo. Your thoughts on this system?

We are looking for a good reliable system with a decent database that plays nice with our EMR, Epic. If the system does not come with a decent management program than we will need to consider one for purchase.

We would also like to finally have some quality A/V (Alice 5 is crap).

thanks!
m221005

Postby Rattlehead » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:27 am

I just had a pre-release demo of CareFusion's SomnoStar 10.x last week. I was very impressed with the data-management capabilities and the report-customization aspects.

The glowing amp/jackbox feature wasn't too impressive, although I do like the fanless design on the amp.

How have the newer SomnoStar systems held up in practical use? I used an older version of SensorMedics (v. 5.x I believe?) years ago when I first got into the field.
Rattlehead

Previous

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?