New at this sleep business

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

New at this sleep business

Postby paulsleep » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:06 am

I have spoken with sales reps from several companies in the past few weeks. I am looking to open up a new 8 bed sleep lab in NY state. I think the clear winner as far as presentation and product seems to be Medcare. I know they recently acquired Sleeptech which I think is a good thing. Can I get as many opinions positive and negative from you guys on Medcare, their amps and their software.

I would really appreciate it, Thanks.
paulsleep

Was first in US to use Rembarndt ...

Postby somnonaut » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:53 am

back in 1997. Moved our old CNS systems to Rembrandt as the Y2K bug came calling and FDA basically put the knife in the CNS systems.
Have 4 beds, Accredited Center, and work great. Tech call is usually to me first and I handle basically 99% of probs, just because I have found that most of the time it usually takes a while to explain a problem, especially for a night tech, who is not as intimate with the full functioning of the systems.
If I do call them they have been there whenever we needed it, though the issues that have arisen are usually minor in nature.
They have stood besides their Artisan Amps, even thought they no longer carry them.
Just upgraded the CPUs to 3.4 and XP and all is running smoothly.

So, where in NY are you starting up? I am on Long Island. If you need any scoring, or tech hand holding, let me know.

I also want to let you know about the New York State Society of Sleep Medicine ( www.nysssm.org ) Please consider joining.

Claude Albertario, RPSGT
www.somnonaut.com
somnonaut

Postby bob » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:37 am

We use 9 Embla A10's, 8 Emblettas, and 1 N7000 in both clinical and research modes. Have had the Embla A10 since 1998. If you are running entirely in-lab then I reommend the N 7000. Tech support is quite responsive, patient and thorough. System is very flexible but not as simple as others. The Reports are not as good as the rest of the system but recently have been improved by adding a better customization feature.
Note - I am employed part-time with a Medcare distibutor selling, installing training and teaching.
bob

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?