Grass-Telefactor

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Grass-Telefactor

Postby Stephen » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:17 am

I see that no one has posted in this section in a while. However, just incase anyone is looking in the future. Do Not buy Grass-Telefactor PSG equipment. The systems are not reliable or durable, Tech Support never-ever answers the phone, you have to leave a voice message and await a return call. If you have to have any repair work done on the CPU, YOU WILL have problems getting everything back to normal when its all plugged back in. And for some reason, this Aurora PSG crap that I have of theirs just loves to add all sorts of artifact during review that was not present during recording. What to do? They don't know. And if you don't have a service contract you can forget getting any assistance from them at night.

Grass makes Alice 3 seem like a dream. Alice 4 can have its aggravations, but is very reliable. Sandman as well. I think my Favorite is Nihon Kodon. I only used it a few times, but it was user friendly with no problems during the night and its easy to score on. Grass is difficult all the way around.
Stephen

Postby Sleepnuts » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:44 pm

What number are you calling???? I am in the Midwest and have used many systems. The new Comet PSG system works great. Never had any issues from the start. Just started working and never stopped. The system is simple but offers all options the other companies do. The software is great and easy to use. I have heard that some of their early attempts in sleep did not go well but their newest amp is great. Lifetime warrenty>>>>

As far a tech support, I have heard about problems in the past. They hired a manager for the department some time ago and the 24/7 works great (day and night). 20 minute call back and the techs know all. If you are still having problems call the manager directly, her first name is carrie I think.

Just my opionion but I would reccommend anyone looking for new equipment to at least look at Grass. We are happy.
Sleepnuts

Grass

Postby stars » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:27 am

We have 6 bed lab with Grass gamma 4.6 software.
General problem after instalation this software digital video in recording mode CONSTANTLY frozen,We need restart study many times.
And so far Grass b=never give to us any right solution to treatment this problem
As recording system Grass very easy to use.And very good signal.But only really problem for as right now video.And extremely poor control desaturation in scoring mode.We need go page by page to score right level desaturation
stars
stars

Postby TexasSleepguy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:52 pm

When I came to this lab we had Grass Gamma 4. something. Constant problems. Windows freezing-loss of recording, at time tracing would just stop recording during the night. The system died one night around 3am during a CPAP titration. CPU had to be sent into astroMed. CPU was replaced worked great for about 2 weeks. Signals from EEG and nelcor both degrade during the night. Pulse OX at times will read 106% had the system worked on many many times and it was working ok....Oh and the worst tried to score on the fly a few times... Oh man talk about slow.
Grass Paper systems were great.(no old guy Jokes)...digital not so much.
TexasSleepguy

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?