Which New Sleep Collecting and Scoring Equipment?

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Which New Sleep Collecting and Scoring Equipment?

Postby sleepmac » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 am

Oh great, learned peers, I come to you seeking to drink from the deepest wells of knowledge. Our 18 bed Sleep Center, hospital based for 12 beds and a standalone 6 bed satellite has been running Sandman since going paperless. The latest version of Sandman is 10.1. We have 3 MDrives using the S7000 amp. We use a number of Embletta Gold and MPR Home Test units that are loaded into either RemLogic or Sandman. Our institution wide software is EPIC. Our Sandman is not linked with EPIC. But that is hoped for. It has been established it is time to upgrade our current equipment.
I appreciated the comments in the other topic concerning Nihon Kohden/Polysmith. Today we were introduced to the newest Natus Xltek PSG. Looked nice. Trouble is, we have some unresolved issues concerning the MDrives not recording Abdominal Efforts. Each software upgrade has left behind new incomplete software issues, so that no collector runs exactly like the other collectors.
So we are going to look at other systems. Any recommendations?

Thank you one and all.
sleepmac

Re: Which New Sleep Collecting and Scoring Equipment?

Postby somnonaut » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:48 am

Not a Sandman user, but am an XLTEK user. This whole phrase is confusing. "Trouble is, we have some unresolved issues concerning the MDrives not recording Abdominal Efforts. Each software upgrade has left behind new incomplete software issues, so that no collector runs exactly like the other collectors."
Can you explain it further and why would this impact using XLTEK (Connex) amps?
somnonaut

Postby sleepmac » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:44 pm

somnonaut wrote:Not a Sandman user, but am an XLTEK user. This whole phrase is confusing. "Trouble is, we have some unresolved issues concerning the MDrives not recording Abdominal Efforts. Each software upgrade has left behind new incomplete software issues, so that no collector runs exactly like the other collectors."
Can you explain it further and why would this impact using XLTEK (Connex) amps?

By association. If the company cannot be depended upon to fix the MDrives, why should we believe that same company would stand behind the XLtek line? We have sought Tech Support a number of times about that matter, with no solution in sight.

Does the above make sense? I have trouble communicating my thoughts.

Dan
sleepmac

Postby somnonaut » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:55 am

Yes Dan, I followed it. It is pretty straight forward logic. I find Natus (now also Sandman as well as XLTEK, Rembrandt, REMlogic, Nicolet, Grass, Stellate) is really a new equipment prioritized company. If you don't have the latest and greatest, it seems you get put on the slow path to assistance. What is the issue with the MDrives?
http://www.natus.com/index.cfm?page=pro ... &crid=1001
somnonaut

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?