Any advice on these systems???

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Any advice on these systems???

Postby zeuscat03 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:05 am

My lab is looking into buying new equipment. Just looking for any opinions on the following systems. Compumedics (profusion3), Sensormedics, Cadwell, Somnologica. Likes, dislikes, any info would be appreciated. I have scanned through the other postings on some of these systems but a lot of the info seems a bit old.
zeuscat03

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:17 pm

Back in my day, I would have the sales reps bring in the software and play around with it for half a day, definately time to find out if it was "intuitive". I narrowed down to two systems, had them hook it all up with my system, in parallel so we could use two systems with one set of sensors, then use the proposed system for scoring to test it out. It was like a test drive, allowing one to use it without someone looking over your shoulder and saying how to do the things you want.
I have nothing to say about any of these systems, just that you should try to get full fledged demos and testing for any system you will be spending so much money on.
Now, if you want to talk sensors, I'm the guy!
:wink:
Rick

Postby Kcomplex » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:17 pm

Back in my day too.

We test drove systems, but digital was so new back then..don't even think Grass had gone digital at the time.

One thing I've done is ask for system user list, and call the labs to ask them directly how it's working for them.

I have Nihon-Kohden and I've been very happy with that system. I don't know of any users in my area for any of the systems you've mentioned, but again, the reps should be willing to get you in touch with other users.
Kcomplex

Postby Hypnagogic Hal » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:48 pm

"Back in my day, we didn't have no fancy machines to measure sleep. We stayed up all night and all day too, sometimes for months at a time, in the freezing snow, naked, while juggling broken glass and rusty knives. And damn it, we liked it that way."

Image :twisted:
Hypnagogic Hal

Postby theboyns1 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:56 pm

Compumedics is the system I work on now. Overall it does everything we need well. Sensormedics I have worked on and it was much more basic. But overall it did the job well without problems. Personally I like Sandman the best of all the systems I have worked on. I have never worked on Cadwell, or Somno. Although I have heard that Somno is a very good system. Of course these are just my opinions and for exact details you really need to talk to the Rep's. I would suggest looking at Sandman as well though! Unless that is the system you are getting rid of. Compumedics would be my second choice. Although I am pretty sure those are the more expensive systems. But you get what you pay for! :D
theboyns1

Postby Kcomplex » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:40 pm

Hypnagogic Hal wrote:"Back in my day, we didn't have no fancy machines to measure sleep. We stayed up all night and all day too, sometimes for months at a time, in the freezing snow, naked, while juggling broken glass and rusty knives. And damn it, we liked it that way."

Image :twisted:

:lol: We weren't totally naked - just the first full body tattoos from ink splatters. Don't forget refolding piles of paper or handwriting all staging only to turn around and enter it into some record tabulation program...

I've heard good things about Sandman... pricey, but good.
Kcomplex

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?