Nihon Kohden

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Nihon Kohden

Postby Cennie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:27 pm

We are going to get a demo from this company in the near future. Has anyone used there PSG products? We are a 4 bed lab and looking at switching from grass to a new system. We are hospital based and run EEG's as well. Any info on this company would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cen
Cennie

Postby midnight » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:26 am

Why are you changing grass? We are looking in getting a new system for running psg, and grass was one of them.
midnight

Polysmith

Postby goudasleep » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:14 am

Nihon Kohden is what we use at my full time lab. I love it. Where to begin. The review screen is static, the readings are clear, pre-sets for point and click notes are a breeze, scoring is a breeze. The only thing that isn't as easy on some, such as Grass or Sandman, is re-referencing a lead. I can't think of anything else, really. Also, support is good, I haven't used it often, but on a recent challenging problem the night support was excellent and solved the problem. I have also used their EEG software, and would give it high marks.
goudasleep

Postby sleep4maia » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:50 am

I used Nihon Kohden at my prior job and LOVED it. Split screens for scoring , tech support when needed. I also think the EEG is so much more cut and dry. Very clear. Once you get to know the system rerefrencing is not such a problem. It's been a while so I don't remember off hand. But I remember doing it with no problem. I miss it.
sleep4maia

Postby Prote » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 am

so whats wrong w/ the grass to original poster?

ive used both NK and grass. I like grass best
Prote

Postby somnonaut » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:45 am

Grass ?
I recently had a demo and was appalled.
Lack of filtering, lack of clarity, it seemed a lack of everything.
somnonaut

Postby Prote » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:55 am

wow. i like it myself. out of what ive used its my fave then nk. Though I believe CleveMed is up and coming as well
Prote

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?