Nap study polygraph????

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Nap study polygraph????

Postby NYsleepyhead » Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:51 am

I work with a doc who would like to get her hands on a cardiopulmonary polygraph to use for daytime nap studies (at an offsite clinic, where we can't drag our cumbersome polygraphs) and as a sort of titration optimization tool. This piece of equipment really only needs to be able to monitor:

sats
flow curve from a BiPAP machine
respiratory effort
maybe ECG as well

This machine would need to monitor these variables in real time but does not need any kind of elaborate display or really even need to be able to generate reports. Does anybody have any suggestions? Would buying a used machine be a good enogh deal, I don't see this bringing in real big revenue except as a part of a cpap clinic type situation so it can't be really expensive. This machine can't be real technical for who is going to be using it either, otherwise we'd send over our old paper machine. Thanks for any input you all might have!!!
NYsleepyhead

Postby ol'timer » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:27 pm

ooookay....and this procedure is going to billed as what ?
ol'timer

Postby NYsleepyhead » Tue Apr 22, 2003 2:48 am

many labs do these procedures and bill them under the CPT code for continuation and maintenance of CPAP, call it CPAP clinic, it must be under the direct supervision of a physician
NYsleepyhead

Postby sleepadmin » Tue Apr 22, 2003 3:17 am

Have you considered the Stardust recorder? The only thing you might have to get creative with is the nasal cannulae. It's set up as a airflow sensor, but I don't see why you couldn't use it with a PAP machine and mask.

http://www.respironics.com/product_library/invoke.cfm?objectid=18927334-5F81-4055-9096EFD50E2558AD&method=display
sleepadmin
Admin

Postby ol'timer » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:38 am

okay..that's just a new one on me. trying to titrate during a nap study sounded kind of strange. have never heard of that and was not aware of a code to cover it...my bad
ol'timer

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?