Sleep systems comparison

A forum for the comparison of PSG systems used for attended sleep studies in a sleep center.

Moderators: TexasSleepguy, labman2

Sleep systems comparison

Postby serviosomnus » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:43 pm

I was wondering if anyone has done a recent side-by-side comparison between sleep systems.

Our lab is looking to upgrade to new systems and was wondering how the systems are stacking up with the rest of the labs out there.

Any input or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
serviosomnus

Postby somnonaut » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:11 pm

Am in the throws of comparing right now.
I havee:
Rembrandt 9.0
Remlogic 1.0
Neurotronics Polysmith 4.0
Compumedics Profusion 3
All currently active on my desktop.
and soon to have Sandman

Along with the PM software:
Crystal Trace
Apnea Link
Embletta
Hopefully Braebon soon

And for cross comaprison I use EDF files, and have stand alone EDF viewers including Ployman, Teuniz's "EDFViewer" (which really needs to have voltage scaling, BTW in my opinion) As well as Neurotronics XDF (which is now called MaXimus, and JavaEDF.
One of the comparisons I look for are how well it exports to and imports EDF files. What kind of manipulations can occur prior to Export.
somnonaut

Postby bduce » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:37 pm

Somno - we look to be going out to tender for a new system in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately we will be limited by the presence of the companies in Australia. I would love to hear your impressions so far. PM me please when you have time.
bduce

Postby MrBig » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:47 am

Currently using Somnostar 9-1b and really like it. It's not the most user friendly system at first but has tons of cool features. Embla's system is very nice too. Sandman.....not a big fan.
MrBig

Postby johnlhickok » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:26 am

I cant stand sandman. I am quite a big fan of Alice 5 though
johnlhickok

Postby somnonaut » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:24 am

Mr Big, make sure you find the Z-ratio feature in Somnostar.
somnonaut

Postby somnonaut » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:27 am

Just got the latest comparison from SleepReview today in my emailbox.
http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/issues/pd ... ms2010.pdf
somnonaut

Postby Sandmanmike » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:49 am

Mr. Big,

Ever have issues with somnostar's software crashing during scoring/acquisition?
Sandmanmike

Alice 5

Postby Kent » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 am

The absolute worse system to buy is Alice 5. I made the awful mistake of purchasing three 8 months ago. Service is nonexistent! They have yet to deliver all of it. Lots of electrical interference. Many hardware issues. Phone calls and emails go unanswered.
One good thing...the night time tech support people are wonderful.
I URGE EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM ALICE 5 and RESPIRONICS...RUN, DO NOT WALK AWAY, RUN AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!
Kent

Sandman

Postby zzz1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:06 pm

I am also looking into another system I am currently using sandman I have never used anything else but sandman it has been good until the 9.2 version now I have a new problem every week. Tech support has not been very helpful since they changed from covidien to embla. I can hear them turning pages when I ask them questions lol so I am very interested in this topic
zzz1

Postby somnonaut » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:06 am

MODS
Can we please reorganize the sleep system forum under companies, instead of sleep systems? Since Natus has now acquired many of the systems, it is only fitting that those looking know which systems go under the umbrella of Natus, so they can see the commonality of poor service or good service that may go along with each system which is controlled by the corporate entity owning them at any given time.
somnonaut

For me

Postby labman2 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:53 am

SANDMAN has been very good for us until NATUS took over. They seem to be determined to squeeze every fee they can out of the users of SANDMAN. They started the squeeze by reneging on previous Sandman policy of free upgrades. THE tech staff continues to do right by us but seem to controlled by a bunch of suits with little clue as to how to treat longtime customers. And they dont understand that testimonials such as this one will cost them much more in potential sales than they will reap from software fees. Afterall, you cant sell upgrades to folks that decide to buy another sleep companies system! :wink:
labman2

Return to Which "In lab" system is for me?